Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier iK, Accor Platinum
It doesn't show one of my reservations on United. It includes multiple passengers so maybe that is the problem.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
This stumped me, too, until my eyes "zoomed out". It's there but requires several steps. When you get into the flight (or segment you want to research if multiple segs. on the same flt. #), some buttons will appear at the very bottom, dark portion of the screen. Some may be dimmed but they will work. Select the "Standby List" button. Another screen will appear for that list and on that screen, about mid-screen, there's a button for "Upgrade List". Touch that and the u/g list appears. There are several other buttons at the bottom of the earlier screen giving other helpful info such as food provisioning, seat map and, under Flight Detail, the a/c #.

Thanks for the suggestion,but on mine it still does not work.

Flight detail is bright,seat map is dimmed,but works and then the remaining buttons are simply dark and do not function at all.

This appears to be a good app-I hope they work out the bugs
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by freeflyin

This appears to be a good app-I hope they work out the bugs
I agree...But with all apps, there needs be some "tweaking" over time.

Finally, a change that I like Jeff....In the spirit of it being baseball season...if we can get another good change tomorrow (or the next change that is made)...and the one after that is ^ as well...that is what they call a winning streak...something UA hasn't seen in awhile....
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Hmmm I didn't get a prompt to allow push notifications nor do I see the United app listed under Settings/Notifications. The CO app is there though.

Maybe I missed something somewhere?
No -- You're right. It looks like they took it out.

Hopefully they just commented out the code because of the integration and will release it again in the next update.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA GS and 1MM; SPG/Marr Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
This stumped me, too, until my eyes "zoomed out". It's there but requires several steps. When you get into the flight (or segment you want to research if multiple segs. on the same flt. #), some buttons will appear at the very bottom, dark portion of the screen. Some may be dimmed but they will work. Select the "Standby List" button. Another screen will appear for that list and on that screen, about mid-screen, there's a button for "Upgrade List". Touch that and the u/g list appears. There are several other buttons at the bottom of the earlier screen giving other helpful info such as food provisioning, seat map and, under Flight Detail, the a/c #.

Don't know how well the u/g list meshes with UA's proprietary software which drives the DM list or gate displays, but these lists can be accessed for upcoming flights within the next 1-2 days whether you're booked on the flight or not.

All in all, the app is much faster than the UA mobile webpage I was using before today.

One glitch in trying out the App's booking engine: If you look for a same-day R.T., and set the time-of-day paramaters too narrowly, such as "early morning" for outbound and "early afternoon" for return flights, you may get a "data not found" return. Workaround seems to be to just select "anytime" for both flights.
I can see the standby list, but how do you determine how many F seats are available? Do you look at the Seat Map?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:58 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Is there an iPad native version? It appears to be just for iPhone/iPod right now.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by reinmedia
Is there an iPad native version? It appears to be just for iPhone/iPod right now.

Nope, unfortunately.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I may be missing something but while my account details are accurate the app does not show any of my seven upcoming reservations. If UAInsider is around please let me know what I can do to remedy this issue. I love the idea of being able to see my place on the upgrade list though!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Android please!~
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:16 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by 9elf S
I can see the standby list, but how do you determine how many F seats are available? Do you look at the Seat Map?
F seat remaining availability doesn't seem supported in this version. One can only roughly guesstimate by looking at the unassigned seats in the premium class seatmap.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM GS
Originally Posted by jchiguy1
I may be missing something but while my account details are accurate the app does not show any of my seven upcoming reservations. If UAInsider is around please let me know what I can do to remedy this issue.
I also have this problem. I have a reservation of which is not showing up in Upcoming Reservations.

One suggestion I have is to ensure all buttons, including the refresh are a good size so that it is easy to read and click on when walking/running through airport.

Otherwise looks great. When you book a flight using the app, does it use your registered credit card details, or ask for them? Curious because it is always a hassle as an Aussie, and I'd prefer it to be pre-authed..
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Exec
Originally Posted by grahatd
It doesn't show one of my reservations on United. It includes multiple passengers so maybe that is the problem.
I have two reservations (4 flights) on UA in the next five days which are showing up in my mileage plus acct online just fine (no question they have my correct MP # assigned) and do not show up on the app at all. Tomorrow did show up when I checked in with the app (already checked in, I always print off the boarding doc since I have seen too many times when the TSA can't admit people with mobile only...), but then didn't save in the app.

Looks cool. Isn't working just yet for me...
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel-SYD
I also have this problem. I have a reservation of which is not showing up in Upcoming Reservations.

One suggestion I have is to ensure all buttons, including the refresh are a good size so that it is easy to read and click on when walking/running through airport.

Otherwise looks great. When you book a flight using the app, does it use your registered credit card details, or ask for them? Curious because it is always a hassle as an Aussie, and I'd prefer it to be pre-authed..
Can you try logging out and logging back in? Are they ALL from one airline (UA or CO)?

It looks like if I input my MP account login, only my UA reservations show (and vice-versa).
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Smile

Android version is supposed to come very soon........from what we were told today.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:57 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I've been able to see all my upcoming Reservations via either of these steps: sign on, and then on the home screen, tap the "Reservations" choice. Or choose "My Account". At the far bottom of the screen, tapping a dimmed button reading "Upcoming" brings them up. Once you do either of these, a summary list of Itineraries should (also) appear on the Main menu page.

I tried this with my account and that of my non-status spouse and all of mine/hers were properly displayed. Have the VZ iPhone 4, running 4.2.6

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.