Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
How do you search for R availability on the mobile app? I am almost certain I've done this before but I cannot figure out how to do it for the life of me.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Weez_1000
How do you search for R availability on the mobile app? I am almost certain I've done this before but I cannot figure out how to do it for the life of me.
Not sure if you can - I end up just using the browser and going to the full site. A PITA.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Weez_1000
I don't think you ever could.

It would be nice and very easy to show. Just put a star or change the background color or a dozen or more other ways to highlight those flights which have R/RN (the app knows if your 1K or not) in your search results.

Not a big deal really.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I must be going crazy, could have sworn I've done it before. I'm not sure what's worse bad memory or me imagining I've done it lol
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:05 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
If you delete the app you can still download from your history. Go to Update > Purchases > Flyertalk.
After an upgrade to a 5S, the app got updated too

I tried what you suggested both via the App Store app and iTunes. No joy. The old version 1.0.31 app was not there anywhere that I could find. And it's not in my Recycle Bin either (Confession: it WAS in my Recycle Bin, but I ham-handedly hit "Restore to Original Location" and now I don't know where it went )

So, would anyone be willing to email me a copy of their 1.0.31 ipa file and I can see if I can get it that way? PM for email address.

TIA!

UPDATE:

I figured out how to do it All is now well and reverted.

ETA: I'd be happy to email the .ipa file for version 1.0.32 to anyone who wants to revert.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
I just installed the United App on my Ipad... is this the EXACT same app that I would get if I installed it on my Iphone?

I have an older version of the app on my phone that I like. A few months ago I updated it with a new version and absolutely hated it! Luckily I had the old version backed-up on my computer and was able to restore it. But now the old version won't let me book flights... it crashes. Boarding passes, flight status and most other things work well.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I've had a few times where the App on my iphone won't update a changed gate on the boarding pass. I pull it down and get the wheel icon saying it is updating and then nothing- while people around me with iPhones are getting the gate change. It can be 10 minutes and it still hasn't changed. Happened in ORD and DEN. I almost missed the boarding of a RJ in DEN because it went from the 50s to 900 .

On the DEN one, even if I tried to update it- no change. It only updated after I killed the app and brought it back.....
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by demosthenes1
Still having issues. The one bugs me the most is the boarding pass disappearing from Passbook.

I take a lot of one day trips (2 flights out one day, 2 flights back the next). It is very common for the last boarding pass of the trip to disappear from Passbook. I think it gets overwritten by one of the earlier ones.
I had the boarding pass for my first segment disappear after getting an upgrade on a later segment, which of course caused the ticket to get out of sync (), and apparently the boarding pass to disappear. Kind of annoying to walk up to security and realize you don't have a boarding pass. Luckily, I had a saved image on my iPad, but it is somewhat unwieldy with the scanners; guess I will have to start saving an image on my phone.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:55 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by musing
I had the boarding pass for my first segment disappear after getting an upgrade on a later segment, which of course caused the ticket to get out of sync (), and apparently the boarding pass to disappear. Kind of annoying to walk up to security and realize you don't have a boarding pass. Luckily, I had a saved image on my iPad, but it is somewhat unwieldy with the scanners; guess I will have to start saving an image on my phone.
And it's for this very reason that I still carry a printed copy of all my boarding passes-yes I know, not being green but if it's a choice of being green or being sent back to the counter/chicken to get a printed bp where if I do the latter I run the risk of missing my flight, I'll take a printed bp every time
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Is it just me or did the latest update to the iphone app break it. It suggested I log out and log back in to enhance my experience. It then repeated the suggestion everytime I attempt to log in and won't let me do anything else.

Sigh!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by astroflyer
Is it just me or did the latest update to the iphone app break it. It suggested I log out and log back in to enhance my experience. It then repeated the suggestion everytime I attempt to log in and won't let me do anything else.

Sigh!
Yup, same for me. Logged out and now get the same error message every time I try to log back in:
Welcome to the new United app. To ensure the best experience, please sign out and sign in again
Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by daslax
Yup, same for me. Logged out and now get the same error message every time I try to log back in:
I downgraded to a previous version and finally managed to get logged back in.

I would hold off on the latest upgrade, or at least don't log out until another upgrade or two.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
APP/ipad issues

I have used my APP for over 8 months now on my ipad and has always worked perfectly. Today, when I go to "My Activity" I get the "please wait" it cycles, times out, I get a black screen, then it goes to my home page of my ipad?

Has anyone else encounted this?

Happy Holidays and Safe Travels
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:10 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I have used my APP for over 8 months now on my ipad and has always worked perfectly. Today, when I go to "My Activity" I get the "please wait" it cycles, times out, I get a black screen, then it goes to my home page of my ipad? Has anyone else encounted this?
It's working fine for me.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by RNE
It's working fine for me.
Thanks.. All works for me as well. Excepy "Activity" weird?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.