Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus: Loyalty program for the new United in 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus: Loyalty program for the new United in 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Hooray! Now I dont have to learn a new number.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by davef139
Hooray! Now I dont have to learn a new number.

Any chance I can keep my OP number for the new program? (I don't have a MP number.) I've had my OP number since 1986 (EA days), and it's not going to be easy to part with it. Scott's note said if you aren't in the MP program you'd be automatically enrolled, but I didn't catch if you could keep your number (assuming no overlap) or if you'd have to get a brand new one.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: Too many
Thank you for confirming that lifetime status will be honored.

A couple suggestions.

Keep the UA upgrade policy. When traveling with a co-worker it can make for an uncomfortable situation when the reservation is spilt during the upgrade process.

Review the systemwide upgrade policy. When UA went to W and higher fares there was only one lower fare (S) that was not upgradeable. Currently there are many more (T,K,L,G). Asking a 1k to pay hundreds more for the chance of a non confirmed upgrade in many cases defeats the perk of the systemwides. If you only exclude the lowest fare I would understand but the current policy stinks.

Please announce the million miler program sooner rather than later. Hopefully you will keep the spouse benefit as CO does.

Currently many UA routes are operated by CO aircraft. Please work out the system so we can use confirmed upgrade instruments on these and other routes.

Finally I'm glad to see the UA Mileage Plus name was kept. Thanks for the update. Hopefully the remaining program announcements will come sooner rather that later.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Oh great....here comes StarNet blocking for the Continental FF's.....
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Great, first they keep United then they go with MP? What happened to CO taking over UA?
It is called wolf in sheep's clothing
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I'm left twisting in the wind on MM benefits. I won't hit 1MM until early next year. Adding in CO miles will bring it a little closer but not prior to end of year, so I really don't know what I will get and whether I need to go out of my way to accelerate so I can hit 1MM before end of year. Since I am not sure if. how, when, they are combining for lifetime calcs, how much do I really need before the end of the year? I hate to get screwed if they devalue MM benefits.

UA people are hoping they keep *G status, CO people are hoping they keep status nomination. Doubt they keep both
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I give all this a big meh.

From what I can tell, announcements that some superficial UA thing is being retained are followed in short order by news that (1) the substance of the thing is changing to the PMCO way and (2) PMCO elites will come out on top. At every juncture to date -- perhaps with the exceptions (a) of E+, which let's be honest was a no-brainer in terms of making money; (b) some copays for some sub-UGS/1K elites; and (c) some reciprocal benefits that, um, we were going to get at some point anyway -- things have gotten uniformly worse for PMUA elites.

So forgive me for being cynical, but the "news" that they're keeping the M+ name and that "[our] miles and status are safe" sounds suspiciously like a prelude to the devaluation of benefits for PMUA elites.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Whoever negotiated to keep the United names in exchange for the Continental everything else should be fired......

COdbaUA
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by hobo13
Whoever negotiated to keep the United names in exchange for the Continental everything else should be fired......

COdbaUA
I thought Glenn Tilton left UAL already
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I take this as meaning nothing. Whether it's called MP or OP, it's a FFP. The devil is in the details. Could be called MP, but with all of OP's features or MP with all of MP's features or none of them.

What really matters is what the program gets you. In other words, what must one fly/buy to get an award or UG, E+, etc.? I could care less whether an award costs 10,000 or 100,000 miles so long as the earnings are in line.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.7mm
Originally Posted by sbm12
You won't see the points transfer into a single counter but the status will be defined by the combined totals in both accounts. If your accounts are linked and you have 55K EQMs in each account then you are a 1K.
What if your combined EQM's give you 101K EQM's, will you be issued 6 SWUs
when they are issued, hopefully July 1. Also, when do you think UA SWUs will be good on CO metal? Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by tarheelnj

Any chance I can keep my OP number for the new program? (I don't have a MP number.) I've had my OP number since 1986 (EA days), and it's not going to be easy to part with it. Scott's note said if you aren't in the MP program you'd be automatically enrolled, but I didn't catch if you could keep your number (assuming no overlap) or if you'd have to get a brand new one.
I believe OP format is two letters follow by 6 numbers

MP format is 50 numbers...(actually 11). I have easy memorized my OP # but haven't even tried to memorize my MP #. I will add that while I'm sure we all have memorized a full 10 digit phone number so what is one more digit. I think my issue is the format, it is 5 digits, 3 digits, and then 3 digits so it is a break from memorizing a 3, 3, 4 telephone number.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kenziid3
What if your combined EQM's give you 101K EQM's, will you be issued 6 SWUs when they are issued, hopefully July 1. ...
yes, if accounts are linked. SWUs will depend on what program you chose as primary.

...Also, when do you think UA SWUs will be good on CO metal? Thanks.
nothing said so far other than "mid-summer"
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Often1
I take this as meaning nothing. Whether it's called MP or OP, it's a FFP. The devil is in the details. Could be called MP, but with all of OP's features or MP with all of MP's features or none of them.What really matters is what the program gets you. In other words, what must one fly/buy to get an award or UG, E+, etc.? I could care less whether an award costs 10,000 or 100,000 miles so long as the earnings are in line.
My sentiments exactly. Call the program "Rosebud" if you want, who cares? What's the program going to actually look like?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:00 am

What if your combined EQM's give you 101K EQM's, will you be issued 6 SWUs
when they are issued, hopefully July 1. Also, when do you think UA SWUs will be good on CO metal? Thanks.
If you have the accounts linked, then you will be issued SWUs. If you chose Continental as your primary account, then you will be issued SWUs when they are issued (hopefully within the next month or two). If you chose UA, then you should've been issued SWUs already.

No one has any idea in when the UA SWUs will be good on CO metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.