Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with routing to CPT or JNB

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
It's a little late to be looking less than 4 months out but you might get lucky if you can be slightly flexible on your dates. Do you want business class or economy? Where are you flying from?
Business class, from NYC. Dates are not very flexible unfortunately
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by LXFlyer
Business class, from NYC. Dates are not very flexible unfortunately
Yeah you could buy a flexible fare now and wait and see if awards open up close in which they might. You also may want to look at BA and Delta if you have any miles with them, I've seen pretty good availability on Air France to JNB, I think they fly the A380 down there, for 80K Delta SkyMiles each way it's a deal.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
I had good luck with a close-in J booking on LX last year, JFK-ZRH-JNB. Was a great way to travel. On the return managed to capture JNB-JFK nonstop on SA. I'd check both options almost daily at this point, and be prepared to be flexible.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
I was striking out on JNB award inventory. Ended up using my supposedly useless SkyMiles to get an award seat on VA. Close in might happen on LX or LH, most of the SA awards are far out.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
EWR-MXP-CAI-JNB if you want to avoid a long layover in CAI (only 1h30).

Trying to avoid CAI is going to be tough right now. Best to book something, and keep adjusting as flights open.

Last edited by aacharya; Aug 25, 2015 at 11:20 am
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: None - previously UA
IF you are feeling adventurous there is usually decent availability via LIS to MPM from EWR, though the flight to MPM only goes a few days a week and is a daytime flight on the return, which means a night in LIS.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
If funds allow, I'm seeing US $2,700/CAD$3,500 YYZ to JNB for the dates mentioned flying in KLM business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.