Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CPU on Awards for UA Premiers Who Hold An Eligible Chase/UA CC {ARCHIVE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated CPU on Awards for UA Premiers Who Hold An Eligible Chase/UA CC {ARCHIVE}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Arrow Consolidated CPU on Awards for UA Premiers Who Hold An Eligible Chase/UA CC {ARCHIVE}

Booked an award ticket for my son used my CO Presidential Plus MasterCard to pay for tax. Just got a notice that he has been upgraded!

Moderator Edit: There has been some confusion over this benefit but it looks like UA has updated their systems per this post per the now closed thread on the pmCO fourm. If you're trying to get an airport agent to add yourself to the list, have them reference:

DRS: GG CHASE / GG UP CODE
Originally Posted by SFOFastAir
From a memo just put out on 19 June 2012:

Primary cardmembers for certain MileagePlus credit cards issued by Chase are eligible for Complimentary Premier Upgrades (CPU) on the day of departure at the airport when traveling on Award tickets.

Note: Customers must advise the airport agent that they want to be placed on the upgrade standby list and present their eligible credit card. This can only be requested at the airport on the day of departure. This functionality is not available via self-service check in platforms at this time.

Reference: DRS: GG CHASE / GG UP CODE

Last edited by J.Edward; Jun 20, 2012 at 11:05 pm
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ow-effect.html
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
A while back there were rumors that 1ks would be able to upgrade award tickets. Boy, would be nice.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
A while back there were rumors that 1ks would be able to upgrade award tickets. Boy, would be nice.
+1

Especially if the flight departed with open seats in F/C!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 7:10 am

can't come soon enough, especially in Europe
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Upgrade on award ticket misinformation

Called premier line last night to ask about CPU on award ticket. CSR assured and then re-assured me that with my gold status I was eligible for an upgrade. I am pretty sure she was wrong. I checked united.com and it appears that this I am not eligible. Who is correct?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Plat 2.2MM, AA nobody, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by wxalex
Called premier line last night to ask about CPU on award ticket. CSR assured and then re-assured me that with my gold status I was eligible for an upgrade. I am pretty sure she was wrong. I checked united.com and it appears that this I am not eligible. Who is correct?
As a premier you are right - only GS can do this.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer
That's not quite true.

If the OP has a Chase UA-branded credit card, they are also eligible.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer
Yea, that is what I thought. That is why I double checked with her on the phone. I thought maybe they had changed the rules. Apparently, she just did not know the rules. Oh well.

Originally Posted by aacharya
That's not quite true.

If the OP has a Chase UA-branded credit card, they are also eligible.
I have a MP Visa. But it is not one of the cards on the list to be eligible for upgrade. However, the CSR insisted I was eligible for upgrade based solely on my status.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 16, 2012 at 6:29 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I have a MP Visa. But it is not one of the cards on the list to be eligible for upgrade. However, the CSR insisted I was eligible for upgrade based solely on my status.
Ah, in that aspect, she is wrong.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Ah, in that aspect, she is wrong.
I called again tonight. Agent again said yet again that I was eligible for an upgrade based on my status. So, either the rules are not as stated on the internet, or all of the CSRs are horribly misinformed.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called again tonight. Agent again said yet again that I was eligible for an upgrade based on my status. So, either the rules are not as stated on the internet, or all of the CSRs are horribly misinformed.
So you are one of those people who keep asking until you hear the answer you don't want to hear
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by username
So you are one of those people who keep asking until you hear the answer you don't want to hear
More or less.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:12 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
More or less.
Let us know what happens when you call again!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by 1k650
Let us know what happens when you call again!
I am done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.