Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:49 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zgscl
So does the integration of the res systems signify that UA and CO are officially one airline with mostly standardized procedures or is there still a long road to go down?
yes and no -- single set of policies and procedures for the customer and customer experience but the much of the employee base is still in two separate groups.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
On Award Travel - Using Miles to Europe in J or F

I see that you can do a double open jaw on Star Alliance Awards. Can you also add a stopover to that?

Outbound USA1 - Europe1
Return Europe2 - US Hub (Stopover in Months) US Hub - Hawaii

Or would I only be able to do it this way as a single open jaw
Outbound USA1 - Europe1
Return Europe1 - US Hub (Stopover in Months) US Hub - Hawaii

Thanks,
Nissan
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Will old CO drink chits (no expiration date) still be usable after tomorrow?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Sorry, bit lost in this thread.

Will OP function to book o/w *A reward flights online be available in new program, or is it going to be phone only, like in MP?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Will OP function to book o/w *A reward flights online be available in new program, or is it going to be phone only, like in MP?
The underlying technology for the new booking system will be the previous Continental system, so short of a policy change, the functionality should continue to exist.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
What happens to waitlists after the change?

Searched and couldn't find thread on this. Have CO issued international tickets, am mid-itinerary, and am on waitlist for reward upgrade. Do I need to call in again (from India) to be sure I'm still on the list after today? Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:39 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by landrew
Searched and couldn't find thread on this. Have CO issued international tickets, am mid-itinerary, and am on waitlist for reward upgrade. Do I need to call in again (from India) to be sure I'm still on the list after today? Thanks.
Hi landrew, your waitlist should be fine, but, you can view your reservation on united.com after the system comes back up just to verify.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The underlying technology for the new booking system will be the previous Continental system, so short of a policy change, the functionality should continue to exist.
Fingers crossed

Thank you for your answer.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
How To Locate New Pin

I have looked but cannot find the answer. Received my new mileage plus 1k packet in the mail but it did not contain the pin. When I requested from the new website I received a strange E-mail which was basically an error message.

Also, flew home yesterday from London and had some issues with the flight and was given a "Please Accept Our Apology" ticket. Tried to use the website given on the card but an error message also came up.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I haven't seen anything about MileagePlus Dining. Will my account automatically start sending miles to the consolidated MP?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
One way award booking available today on new MP website. ^

Only is drastic reduction in availability.

Same routes that were showing last week as available [Saver Eco] on nearly every day during whole month [let's say July '12] now might have only one or two days with it available

Or maybe that is connected with transition and will get back to normal again? :fingerscrossed:
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Error Message

When trying to sign in this morning (9:30A EST)

I kept getting the following error message

To access the site, your browser must support
128-bit encryption with a strong cipher.

Sure hope I don't have to upgrade any software

on all my different machines (several offices & homes)

Any help here will be greatly appreciated
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:56 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Please see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ion-issue.html

UA Insider is aware of the issue as well.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage general member, UA MP general member
United Club one-time passes

I know this is extremely early in the process of transitioning to the new site, but it looks like there are no more United Club one-time passes available for purchase online (at any price), but the new site clearly mentions their availability at club locations for $50. Is this just a hiccup, or are the days of $39 one-time access to the club over?

I may be in the minority, but I really valued those passes because they allowed me to have access to a quieter, cleaner environment when I anticipated delays or just didn't feel like sitting in the terminal. I'm not sure I'd buy them anymore if they were always $50, except in the case of a severe delay.

Any thoughts or insider knowledge on this?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by baroqueboy
I know this is extremely early in the process of transitioning to the new site, but it looks like there are no more United Club one-time passes available for purchase online (at any price), but the new site clearly mentions their availability at club locations for $50. Is this just a hiccup, or are the days of $39 one-time access to the club over? ....
they are gone
United Club one-time pass

United will no longer sell a one-time pass on united.com. You’ll still be able to use any existing passes for entry into United Club up to one year past the purchase date.

What’s changing: As of March 3, you’ll be able to purchase one-time entry to United Club for $50 only at United Club locations.
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I haven't seen anything about MileagePlus Dining. Will my account automatically start sending miles to the consolidated MP?
UA is handling crediting using either account -- unclear if the partners will make the changes eventually or if you neede to
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi demkr, yes, any reservations that include your Mileage Plus number will automatically be credited to your permanent account number once we’re operating on a single platform.

Hi bmvaughn, until our systems are integrated, everything will continue to work as is does today. After that, we'll handle the mapping of account numbers for quite some time. For example, if a car company sends us your Mileage Plus number for a rental you’ve made, we’ll have this mapped to your new number for earning purposes. That said, you’ll be safe to change your number with any partners as well (but, only after our transition to a single system takes place).

Appreciate you sharing this GoAmtrak,. Since we’re not yet on a single system, between now and late first quarter of next year you can continue to use your Mileage Plus account number in cases like this. We’re diligently working with all of our partners to ensure any required changes are made to their systems as well. We’ll make sure this one is on our radar.

Shannon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.