Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by RugerRedhawk
Thanks, I have 10,000 points and although it's a hit compared to typical uses I could use a $60 amazon gift card more than the other stuff! I realize this isn't an efficient use of miles, but I'm looking to get out of this card and would like to use up the points I have. This is perfect. I signed up for the card initially because it gave me 50,000 miles which I was able to use to get $500 in lowes gift cards through amtrak.
You can book a short oneway award flight with 10k miles. Might be more 'effective' than the gift card.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Hello! I have booked an 'independent' hotel on united.com (i'm guessing its an Expedia overbrand) but I can't find anywhere how many miles I might get for it? Its only 1 night and I'm not worried about the amount as long as it is something as I just did it to have some activity on the account to prevent my miles expiring in September as I want to redeem them on a flight Ill be booking in January!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by barnstaple
Hello! I have booked an 'independent' hotel on united.com (i'm guessing its an Expedia overbrand) but I can't find anywhere how many miles I might get for it? Its only 1 night and I'm not worried about the amount as long as it is something as I just did it to have some activity on the account to prevent my miles expiring in September as I want to redeem them on a flight Ill be booking in January!
Much easier and cheaper ways to extend your expiry. Get an iTunes song.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Originally Posted by aacharya
Much easier and cheaper ways to extend your expiry. Get an iTunes song.
Well it was a hotel booking I needed anyway... Any ideas on what the miles will be?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: United Gold
Is there somewhere where I can find historical mileage amounts that pmUA and/or pmCO charged for award travel? From what I remember they used to be a little less than what they are now, but I can't be sure.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by leonidas
UA *G thinking of doing an SDC for the first time. I am booked on a one way SEA-ORD-WAS (W class, on UA metal) with the SEA-ORD redeye, and then ORD-WAS after a couple of hours layover. Can I change the SEA-ORD flight to an earlier flight that day? I want to spend the night in Chicago, and then take my scheduled ORD-WAS the next morning.

Thanks for your responses.

To add to my original post, it looks like SEA-PDX-ORD flights on that day have opening in W class, not the direct SEA-ORD flights. Will UA allow me to fly SEA-PDX-ORD on day 1 and then ORD-WAS on day 2? Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
From what I remember they used to be a little less than what they are now, but I can't be sure.
Domestic is the same as I remember except the short flights which are less (10K), but int'l is definitely more

EmailKid
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by leonidas
To add to my original post, it looks like SEA-PDX-ORD flights on that day have opening in W class, not the direct SEA-ORD flights. Will UA allow me to fly SEA-PDX-ORD on day 1 and then ORD-WAS on day 2? Thanks.
Yes, but only if there are no possible flights you can make ORD-WAS on day 1.

Otherwise, it's a 10,000 mile addition of a stopover.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
duplicate
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Is there somewhere where I can find historical mileage amounts that pmUA and/or pmCO charged for award travel? From what I remember they used to be a little less than what they are now, but I can't be sure.
use wayback to fetch old files or review http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...post-61-a.html (the last significant change)
Old Jun 21, 2013, 4:34 pm

Can I book a roundtrip LAX-HKG, and change the inbound/returning flight date later for free, after my outbound/departing flight has commenced?

Does it matter if my outbound flight is operated by partner airlines, not UA ?

Can I add/decide the stopover destination later, or I have to decide it now?

Thanks !
Old Jun 21, 2013, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hk1992
Can I book a roundtrip LAX-HKG, and change the inbound/returning flight date later for free, after my outbound/departing flight has commenced?

Does it matter if my outbound flight is operated by partner airlines, not UA ?

Can I add/decide the stopover destination later, or I have to decide it now?

Thanks !
Why would you ever think you could change your ticket for free? Is there some context that I'm missing? Are you talking about an award ticket or a paid fare?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
Why would you ever think you could change your ticket for free? Is there some context that I'm missing? Are you talking about an award ticket or a paid fare?
I'm sorry, I am referring to an award ticket. As a silver member, can I change the inbound flight for free by "Making a change 21 or more days prior to the date of travel (no change to origin/destination)" ?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:37 pm

Welcomr to FT!,hk1992
Can I book a roundtrip LAX-HKG, and change the inbound/returning flight date later for free, after my outbound/departing flight has commenced?...
On award tickets even after the outbound, you can change the return date/time for free if the origin/destination remain the same, the carriers are the same and the new date is atleast 21 days out.

...Does it matter if my outbound flight is operated by partner airlines, not UA ? ...
as long as the carriers do not change, but a change of carriers is a potential fee event.

... Can I add/decide the stopover destination later, or I have to decide it now? ...
you can add a stopover later but the would be a potential fee event.

Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
Might I suggest a reread of post #1 of this thread
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 21, 2013 at 9:08 pm
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.