Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Award with 2 etickets

So I have an award flight coming up and I just got an email telling me my flights have changed and I've been re-ticketed. So now I have a ticket number for the first leg (on TK) and a ticket number for the second leg which changed (on LX). Do I have to worry about TK/LX being able to piece this together?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stompey5
So I have an award flight coming up and I just got an email telling me my flights have changed and I've been re-ticketed. So now I have a ticket number for the first leg (on TK) and a ticket number for the second leg which changed (on LX). Do I have to worry about TK/LX being able to piece this together?
Shouldn't be a problem but probably worth calling both TK and LX to make sure they see the correct ticket numbers on their versions of the reservations.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:17 pm

Is this a legal one way routing?

PEK-GMP-HND (connecting next morning, within 24 hours)
HND-TSA ?

Since United.com don't have TSA available. Is the $25 fee a must if the routing is legal?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anchor79
Is this a legal one way routing?

PEK-GMP-HND (connecting next morning, within 24 hours)
HND-TSA ?

Since United.com don't have TSA available. Is the $25 fee a must if the routing is legal?
No. Find PEK-GMP-HND online, "reserve" it, and call in to add TSA. Note that it wasn't available online, and they should waive the $25 call center fee. Or just book PEK-GMP-HND-(INC)-TPE. Found it all for 20,000 miles and $53.80. Though i wonder if it should be the inter-china rate of 12.5K.

Last edited by aacharya; Feb 13, 2013 at 2:02 pm
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Cancel Select card?

Before I cancel my UA Select card, I would like to see if I have missed any reasons why I should not do so.

I have both the Select and the MC Explorer(old CO card)

My travel patterns have changed and after this year I will not be able to attain 1K or platinum status on UA, but as a MM will retain Premier status going forward. I see this as no reason to keep the Select simply for the 5K EQMs.

I do not need any more UA miles for the foreseeable future,so the extra mile per $ on UA is overkill at this point.

I prefer the Explorer card for the primary car rental coverage and award upgrade eligibility.

I am considering calling Chase and asking to switch this card to the no fee version,to retain the credit line.

Any input is appreciated.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: Continental Airlines
Question No-Show. Miles?

I guess this question has been answered before but couldn't find it, so feel free to refer me to the correct thread.

I had a two-part flight with UA (A to C via B), but only flew the first segment (A to B) after which I walked out of the airport. Do I still get the miles for the B to C segment? Do I get any penalisation?

Kind regards
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Nope- You will only receive the miles for the segment that you flew.

Hopefully this was at the end of a round-trip, or on a one-way ticket, as the no-show would auto-cancel the any remaining segments on your ticket.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
How do I get the benefits from my United C.C.

Just started flying UA. I've got the credit card. Do I have to do anything to get my first bag free since I've got the card? Do I flash it? Make my reservation with it?
Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by pkerr
Just started flying UA. I've got the credit card. Do I have to do anything to get my first bag free since I've got the card? Do I flash it? Make my reservation with it?
Thanks
It's automatic. Your Mileage Plus account should reflect (somewhere not visible to you) that you have it; whenever you book a ticket and apply your Mileage Plus number, your Explorer Card benefits will apply. You do not need to book the ticket with that card or show that card.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:50 pm

Thanks for the info!!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jackal
You do not need to book the ticket with that card ....
While I believe that this is how it works in practice that is not the actual policy.

Free Checked Bag:
The primary cardmember and one traveling companion on the same reservation are each eligible to receive their first checked bag free; authorized users are only eligible if they are on the same reservation as the primary cardmember. To receive first checked bag free, the primary cardmember must include their MileagePlus® number in their reservation and use their MileagePlus Explorer Card to purchase their ticket(s). First checked bag free is only available on United- and United Express-operated flights; codeshare partner-operated flights are not eligible. Fees for additional/oversized/overweight bags may apply. Members who are already exempt from other checked baggage service charges will not receive an additional free checked bag. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits. Please allow 2 weeks after account opening for your first free checked bag to be available on your United reservation. For more information, please visit www.united.com/chasebag.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
UA5 later today T-16. 50 bis seats all 50 booked. When I go to the seat map, nearly 1/2 are available and there's 1 in the wait list. Am I missing something?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:51 am

I guess I'll just make sure I take the card with me in case I have to flash it. I don't suppose the TA would know what card I used to purchase the ticket or who purchased the ticket for that matter. Or would they?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pkerr
I guess I'll just make sure I take the card with me in case I have to flash it. I don't suppose the TA would know what card I used to purchase the ticket or who purchased the ticket for that matter. Or would they?
They could look into it, but it doesn't matter. It's all linked to your account - the only time it might be a problem is if you fly on an award ticket using someone else's miles.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
A question regarding GPU and RPU use. Within the following areas: Continental U.S., New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) (p.s.® flights), Hawaii Honolulu (HNL) to Newark (EWR), Washington (IAD) or Houston (IAH), Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, Northern South America.

Is there any difference between using (or attempting to use) a GPU and a RPU? (As best I can tell, for these areas Y or B or M fare is not required.) Is attempted GPU use higher priority (presuming other things being equal) than attempted RPU use? Thank you very much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.