Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BWI Airspace Lounge (Former RCC Location in Concourse D)- CLOSING May 27 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver, and HH Diamond

I was coming through BWI today and saw a notice for an application for a liquor license on the door to the old BWI RCC.

I hope that this means that the club may be reopening soon.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:35 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
This would be ^. About 25% of my departures are from BWI and the lack of a club is unpleasant.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:46 pm

THANK THE TRAVEL GODS!!!!!!! I'll be there tomorrow morning for UA441/ORD will see if there is anything new posted.

I prayed every freaking time I've spent a pre-boarding wait at Shannon's Irish Pub next door. Oh please PLEASE let it be true.....I'll change my sinful ways I promise!!!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:43 pm

This would be excellent since UA/CO/US has no lounge at BWI.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:16 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

That will be awesome!!!

BWI is a rather elite heavy airport for UA/CO/US...

On a Wednesday morning in the rental car shuttle, I could not believe how many elite tags there were on the luggages
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Seems like it'd be a good win all around for *A considering UA, CO and US all have a presence in D.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
This would be AWESOME and make flying out of BWI even better! I tweeted United a few weeks back and didn't her anything back about it.

After a little investigation.... These are the meeting minutes from the county liquor board...

http://www.aacounty.org/LiquorBoard/...nda_feb_11.pdf

This is listed...

AIRSPACE LOUNGE NEW LICENSE – BWI Airport, Concourse D,
k/a BWID, LLC Near Gate D-10, Baltimore, MD 21240

Looking at the Dulles lounges, they appear to be licensed to United. Some interesting info, hopefully they re-open it!

Last edited by nevansm; Jan 28, 2011 at 11:04 pm
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Let's none of us get our hopes up, though it would be really nice if the club reopened. I've been stumping for this for a couple of years now.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by golfingboy
That will be awesome!!!

BWI is a rather elite heavy airport for UA/CO/US...

On a Wednesday morning in the rental car shuttle, I could not believe how many elite tags there were on the luggages
How do you know it's elite heavy for UA? UA does not issue luggage tags to anyone, including elites.

Originally Posted by trapshooter85
I was coming through BWI today and saw a notice for an application for a liquor license on the door to the old BWI RCC.

I hope that this means that the club may be reopening soon.
The notice is supposed to show who applied for the license. Can someone check the actual details?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 29, 2011 at 9:36 am Reason: merge
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DCBob
How do you know it's elite heavy for UA? UA does not issue luggage tags to anyone, including elites.
Maybe he is referring to the priority baggage tags? Makes sense to me.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 8:13 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by DCBob
The luggage tags were just an example of how many business travelers flies through BWI...

Also, my observations is based on my experiences flying out of BWI... On my recent CO flight, there were over 40 upgrade eligible elites that sat in Y with a couple of other star golds.

For UA, in this picture for a BWI-ORD flight, 2/3 of those people boarded in zone 1 and 2 for a full flight and the GA did enforce the boarding policy by asking a few people to stand aside and wait for their turn... So, they all had to be Star Silver or higher... You can also see how many people were in the GS/1K line...

On the US side, BWI used to be an US hub, so there is a good # of US elites that flies in/out of BWI.

Last edited by golfingboy; Feb 1, 2011 at 10:58 pm
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
This would be nice, but let's hope the hours of the club would be better this time around!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Hopefully they expand the club! The old was way too small!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver, and HH Diamond
I will going through there several times over the next month I will update you guys if I see something else.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
MD transportation officials were talking about opening up a "joint" lounge for travellers in D. I forgot where I saw the info but will try to dig it up. I think airlines will have to contract with the operator of the lounge if their elites or respective club members are to gain access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.