Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a United Express CRJ-200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
  • This plane has two seats on each side of the cabin and a single aisle.
  • Carry-on space is very limited; most roll-aboard luggage will need to be gate-checked.
  • The aisle armrests of the non-window seats can be raised to allow for a little more room.
  • The exit row seats (Row 8), marketed as Preferred Seating, do not have any significant amount of additional pitch and there is no arm rest next to the window.
    • On a small number of aircraft the rows are number 1-12, 14 and exit row is row 8
  • Row 1 is marketed as Preferred Seating Economy Plus, however there is no significant amount of additional pitch. The bulkhead at this row means limited space to stretch your legs compared to other rows, and there is little overhead space available.
  • Row 2-5 are marketed as Preferred Seating blocked for elites, but are standard pitch -- no extra leg space
Aerolopa: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-bombardier-cr2
Print Wikipost

Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a United Express CRJ-200

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
When you get to the airport, ask to be put into the exit row. While it does not have a lot of extra room, row 8 is much better than most of the rows on the CRJ..
I've never really notice any extra room in the exit row. The only advantage is the possibility of an empty seat next to you.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver, and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gdenny
Just got rebooked on a CR2 for STL-ORD due to delayed aircraft. Walking up to GA now to request a gate check tag which I intend to put around my neck. Should be better down there but perhaps a bit nippy.

+1 Probably not a bad ride considering you are in the main fuselage just behind the aft cabin wall
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
row 8 is much better than most of the rows on the CRJ..
The only thing I ever noticed in Row 8 was a thinner seat cushion.
Old May 7, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Row 8

Just got off a CRJ200 operated by Alantic something or other airlines. I can confirm that row 8 has about 2 extra inches of leg room (both sides of the aisle) compared with row 7, which I also tried out. I would estimate row 8 has 33 inches of seat pitch given that economy has 31 inches. Also plenty of space to store your carryon briefcase under the seat in front of you (no obstructions). Seat cushions were thin, but I didn't notice that row 7's were any comfier.
Old May 7, 2011, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I also just sat in row 8 for 2hrs and it was fairly tolerable. The kid in front of me who skrieked for the duration not so much.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: UA GS
Will be traveling with the wife and 2 kids DEN-MKE in August on a CRJ200. The bad news is that with a 5 and 2 year old, row 8 is a no-go, and row 1 is either blocked now or taken. The good news is that 5 and 2 year olds are small and so sitting in the rows I reserved (2 and 6) will be less of a shoulder-bumping chore.

Which is helpful because DEN-MKE is scheduled at 2 hrs, 20 minutes, and the return a soul-killing 2:39. I wonder if this is the longest currently scheduled CRJ flight on UA/UX?

Such is the torture of a CRJ200 that even in a year when I will need to scrap and scrape and scrounge miles even to make 1P, I was looking into paying slightly more on Frontier for a comparbale itinerary just to avoid flying the -200.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:26 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by harryhood
Which is helpful because DEN-MKE is scheduled at 2 hrs, 20 minutes, and the return a soul-killing 2:39. I wonder if this is the longest currently scheduled CRJ flight on UA/UX?
DEN-MRY is a bit longer. Seems like there may be longer-still routes in service with them, but that one comes to mind (2:43).
Old Jun 5, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Originally Posted by harryhood
Can we get a breakdown of the transition between 'tolerable' and 'soul-killing' in that 19 minute span?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by exerda
DEN-MRY is a bit longer. Seems like there may be longer-still routes in service with them, but that one comes to mind (2:43).
I thought my BOI>LAX next week is bad enough at 2:14 but it looks like it could be worse!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BBFD
I thought my BOI>LAX next week is bad enough at 2:14 but it looks like it could be worse!
Uh, yeah. My MR this weekend takes the prize: It involves a LAX-SEA-LAX quick turn on a CR2. It's blocked at 2:43 one way and 2:45 the other way, with 0:30 on the ground in between. OMG! I was hoping to VDB the outbound, but it might not be worth it. Maybe I'll standby for the earlier flights on CR7s.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by as219
Uh, yeah. My MR this weekend takes the prize: It involves a LAX-SEA-LAX quick turn on a CR2. It's blocked at 2:43 one way and 2:45 the other way, with 0:30 on the ground in between. OMG! I was hoping to VDB the outbound, but it might not be worth it. Maybe I'll standby for the earlier flights on CR7s.
I took the LAX-PDX flight (v.v.) a few months ago and tried to sleep for as long as possible. It really is the devil's chariot.

PS both flights left at 48/50 so my VDB attempts failed.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
My parents are planning a quick trip SBA-DEN-SBA next week. When I informed my dad that all three daily flights both ways are CRJs, he almost canceled the trip!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
New seat maps?

Does anyone know why rows 3 and 4 now show only two seats rather than 4? This appears to be a relatively new thing (seatguru still shows 4). I was thinking that it might have something to do with the merger, but the CO seatmap for the CR2 also shows 4 seats per row.

So I'm wondering what's going on. Are they just blocking those seats for weight and balance reasons? They routinely look for volunteers to move back. In any case, one might guess that these are good seats to book (for those of us who appreciate the extra elbow room and the ability to angle the legs).
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:28 am

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
BigE: See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ft-layout.html
Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Thanks

It seems clear from that thread that it is in fact a weight-and-balance thing. Those rows seem like as good a place to park as any (for a single). Or I guess I should say that they are no worse than any other seat, since all CRJ's are an abomination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.