Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a United Express CRJ-200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
  • This plane has two seats on each side of the cabin and a single aisle.
  • Carry-on space is very limited; most roll-aboard luggage will need to be gate-checked.
  • The aisle armrests of the non-window seats can be raised to allow for a little more room.
  • The exit row seats (Row 8), marketed as Preferred Seating, do not have any significant amount of additional pitch and there is no arm rest next to the window.
    • On a small number of aircraft the rows are number 1-12, 14 and exit row is row 8
  • Row 1 is marketed as Preferred Seating Economy Plus, however there is no significant amount of additional pitch. The bulkhead at this row means limited space to stretch your legs compared to other rows, and there is little overhead space available.
  • Row 2-5 are marketed as Preferred Seating blocked for elites, but are standard pitch -- no extra leg space
Aerolopa: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-bombardier-cr2
Print Wikipost

Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a United Express CRJ-200

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:55 am

I usually take 2A or 2D being a window person. I can barely stand the plane on MKE-ORD hops. Next month i'm on one HPN-ORD, blocked at 2:35, I cant say im looking forward to that.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kannon99
I usually take 2A or 2D being a window person. I can barely stand the plane on MKE-ORD hops. Next month i'm on one HPN-ORD, blocked at 2:35, I cant say im looking forward to that.
To think that route used to be all 737s then all E70s, then CR7s and E70s, now CR7s and CRJs
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Ive been on the CRJ too many time lately, and I feel its inhumane to use these on 2.5 hour flights. I thought the constitution protected us against cruel and unusual punishment.

I have ruled out all windows, I am simply to tall to sit there. I need to not drink any water for at least an hour before boarding so I can make the full flight without using the lav. The lav ceiling is about at my shoulder level, or at least thats how it feels and looks in the mirror.

I typically choose 8B or C, if they are not taken. Sadly, I am also always on a full flight, except last night, due to mis-connections, 8A was empty. Whoever you were that mis-connected, thank you, may you have good seat karma now.

On some flights, I could not get row 8, and I really don't think there was much difference at all in leg room, but I appreciate row 7 not reclining into the limited space I have. I also tried bulkhead and it was painful.

Some of the flight on my route are now ER45, are those better, worse, or about the same?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
To think that route used to be all 737s then all E70s, then CR7s and E70s, now CR7s and CRJs
I still see 2 of the 6 HPN-ORD and vv flights a day as E70s

Is that going to be changing? If so, even less of a reason to deal with HPN.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by DXjr
My favorite seat is up front, right behind the pilots. Sure, it's like sitting on a hardwood throne, but the view is spectacular.

As for the cabin seats, they're much more comfortable than the jumpseat. I'd pretty much have to agree with EVJ, though.
+1

Although, us peons can't access that seat

Whenever I am confined to this beast, I always choose an exit row window.. Not very comfortable for me (6'1"), but the exit sort of helps..
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
As far forward as possible, to spend the least amount of time crawling into/out-of this sewage pipe...
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, UC, Lifetime HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
United just took my beloved three class 700 and replaced it with the 200. I'm just sick! BFL DEN 875 miles, 2hrs plus.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by glasman19
United just took my beloved three class 700 and replaced it with the 200. I'm just sick! BFL DEN 875 miles, 2hrs plus.
Would that be one of those internationally configured 700's?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AlanInDC
Row 7 is not an emergency exit row; only 8.

Unfortunately, UA is using this plane for somewhat longer flights than JFK-IAD, so you are lucky.
Longer is a relative term. Yes it's a short flight by EQM/RDM, but flights on that torture chamber aren't very short.

I'm not looking forward to my 7:20pm JFK-IAD next week on UA 7114. The flight is blocked at 90 minutes. The average delay is an hour, with the maximum delay 4 hours. From flight stats: "Statistically, when controlling for sample size, standard deviation, and mean, this flight has delay performance characteristics better than 0% of other flights."

I'm debating how many drinks to have prior to boarding to deal with the announcement "Ladies and Gentlemen we're number 50 for take-off". At least in flight, you could claim you're too tall for the aircraft and stand. When you're stuck in the ground or circling IAD, the seatbelt light is fastened and you're out of luck.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ericcheung
Longer is a relative term. Yes it's a short flight by EQM/RDM, but flights on that torture chamber aren't very short.

I'm not looking forward to my 7:20pm JFK-IAD next week on UA 7114. The flight is blocked at 90 minutes. The average delay is an hour, with the maximum delay 4 hours. From flight stats: "Statistically, when controlling for sample size, standard deviation, and mean, this flight has delay performance characteristics better than 0% of other flights."

I'm debating how many drinks to have prior to boarding to deal with the announcement "Ladies and Gentlemen we're number 50 for take-off". At least in flight, you could claim you're too tall for the aircraft and stand. When you're stuck in the ground or circling IAD, the seatbelt light is fastened and you're out of luck.
Oi 41% arrived on time (or within 14 minutes of scheduled time). This does not bode well for my recently booked 7114 and subsequent connection.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Oi 41% arrived on time (or within 14 minutes of scheduled time). This does not bode well for my recently booked 7114 and subsequent connection.
Ive been on the opposite, IAD-JFK several times. Despite the long delays, they were alway pre-boarding and we took off right after boarding and rarely spend more than 30 min in the air.

But every flight I am on from JFK, we usually spend 30-60 min in line. Still, at least you won't be on the darn thing for more than 1.5 hours. I really think they build the JFK taxi time into the flight time.

I still question their sanity when they use this plane on certain routes where wheels up to wheels down is 2.5 hours. Add .5 hours for de-icing and I am stuck on there for 3. Why United. Why? Just crush and melt all of them, please!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: 1K UA
sewage pipe...perfect descriptor

Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
As far forward as possible, to spend the least amount of time crawling into/out-of this sewage pipe...
I've implored seatguru.com to refer to this bird such as that. Truly an awful experience.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
I prefer row 2 aisle seat over row 1.

I like to keep both of my carry-ons with me (laptop bag and very small rollerboard that fits in the overhead) rather than plane-side check since it can take 10+ minutes to retrieve it after landing. When racing for a connection, those 10 minutes oftentimes makes the difference.

Row 1 overhead is almost always filled with the FA's bags so there's never enough room to put both of my bags up top. 2BC is perfect since it's still closest to the front for quick egress and my rollerboard can go under the seat.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
I have to agree, the CRJ-200 is miserable. Unfortunately, the only United service from my home town (YYJ) is on a CRJ-200 to SFO. 2 hours and 30 minutes on this torture device really make me appreciate the CRJ-700s they used to run on this route.

My only "alternatives" are winged cuisinarts (turbo props) to YVR (AC) or SEA (QX) and to connect to UA there....
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

I looked into changing my 7114 hell ride to 7163 LGA-IAD. These stats are rather mind numbing: 57% within 14 min, 39% later than 30min and 7% canceled... for a grand total of 103% of the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.