Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated NRT connection time / logistics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated NRT connection time / logistics

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 10:34 am
MCB

Programs: UA former 1P, WN A-List, Hyatt Pt, HH Au, Marriott Ag, SPG Pt, Accor Pt, IHG
Do the security/transit checkpoints have a priority line for F pax or elites?
Old May 10, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by MCB
Do the security/transit checkpoints have a priority line for F pax or elites?
Yes - *Gold and equivalent.
Old May 10, 2016, 12:13 pm
MCB

Programs: UA former 1P, WN A-List, Hyatt Pt, HH Au, Marriott Ag, SPG Pt, Accor Pt, IHG
Thanks. My wife & I have no status this year, but are traveling on F award tickets.
Old May 24, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Kacee
There is definitely one around 38, that's where I got jammed in December.
Correct, near 38/41. Arriving from SIN on UA, connecting to DEN, we arrived at 33 or 35 and were directed to the No. 4 Satellite security. There was a *G lane and the screening room was quite full, including the *G lane. All-in, however, took less than 5 or 10 minutes to get through. This security dumps you out directly at the elevator/escalator bank for the NH lounges at Sat 4 (this is the satellite where the NH *G lounge is in basement and the Suites lounge is above. This is also where the tunnel to the No. 5 satellite is. If you care about views from the lounge, head over to the No. 5 satellite NH lounge.

Exiting security, you are here:
Attached Images  
Old May 25, 2016, 10:07 pm
MCB

Just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful posts about a short connection at NRT, for our SFO-NRT-PEK flights last week. As it turned out, the originating flight was an hour early, so we had time to chill in the United Global First lounge before heading to the Air China gate.

Now it's time to head home from China, and we are connecting through Tokyo, but it involves changing airports from NRT to HND. I have the transport planned out (Limousine Bus, which I have taken into central Tokyo many times, but I have never done a connection like this). (We have 5 hours.) But when we check our bags with CA at PVG, will they be checked through to SFO and transported by the airline from NRT to HND, or do we have to pick them up at NRT, go through Japan customs, and take them to HND ourselves and re-check them with UA in HND?
Old May 25, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by MCB
Just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful posts about a short connection at NRT, for our SFO-NRT-PEK flights last week. As it turned out, the originating flight was an hour early, so we had time to chill in the United Global First lounge before heading to the Air China gate.

Now it's time to head home from China, and we are connecting through Tokyo, but it involves changing airports from NRT to HND. I have the transport planned out (Limousine Bus, which I have taken into central Tokyo many times, but I have never done a connection like this). (We have 5 hours.) But when we check our bags with CA at PVG, will they be checked through to SFO and transported by the airline from NRT to HND, or do we have to pick them up at NRT, go through Japan customs, and take them to HND ourselves and re-check them with UA in HND?
You will have to pick them up and recheck them in HND - the airline won't transfer your bags between airports for you - it's just the way it works....
Old May 26, 2016, 7:56 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by MCB
But when we check our bags with CA at PVG, will they be checked through to SFO and transported by the airline from NRT to HND, or do we have to pick them up at NRT, go through Japan customs, and take them to HND ourselves and re-check them with UA in HND?
I had the displeasure of connecting the other way (NRT-BKK 747 UD thanks to GPU went poof as plane went MX and I went TG coach), and it was a pretty quick trip via the bus between airports.

I expect Limousine Bus to be a better experience. Not that the bus was bad, just the downgrade from UD.

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
You will have to pick them up and recheck them in HND - the airline won't transfer your bags between airports for you - it's just the way it works....
That is pretty standard. You would not expect AA to transfer you bags when you land at LGA and depart JFK. At least I would not, but then again, I don't check bags.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:32 pm
MCB

Thanks, all. Pretty much as I expected, but you never know. I thought there was a chance they might because it was booked as a single ticket.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Sleep Rooms In NRT F Lounge

I will be flying BKK-NRT and arriving around 8:00 AM connecting to a 4:55 PM UA to IAD. I will be in UA F. Does the NRT F Lounge have an area for me to get a nap and more than just a chair but a sleep area? Or perhaps the ANA F Lounge since I would have access to that also.

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I will be flying BKK-NRT and arriving around 8:00 AM connecting to a 4:55 PM UA to IAD. I will be in UA F. Does the NRT F Lounge have an area for me to get a nap and more than just a chair but a sleep area? Or perhaps the ANA F Lounge since I would have access to that also.

Thanks
The ANA business lounge has a sleeping / resting area in the back left corner - I don't recall if the ANA F lounge has one. The UA regular lounge doesn't have any rest/sleep areas at all, but the UA F lounge does have a really quiet area around the back that is comfy, but if it was me with that much time I'd head to the ANA business lounge and get some rest - and they have decent food as well as nice showers...
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
The ANA business lounge has a sleeping / resting area in the back left corner - I don't recall if the ANA F lounge has one. The UA regular lounge doesn't have any rest/sleep areas at all, but the UA F lounge does have a really quiet area around the back that is comfy, but if it was me with that much time I'd head to the ANA business lounge and get some rest - and they have decent food as well as nice showers...
Back left corner? Are you talking about the massage chairs? I believe there is a time limit on those (or at least they should be). I'd be pretty miffed if I was waiting to use it and someone was sleeping.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: UA1K, Platinum Elite
Connecting to ANA at NRT and Club Advice

Hi,

I am flying DEN-NRT-SIN on 12/1. I'm upgraded to Business first on the UA leg. I have a 90 minute connection from UA139 to NH801. I am a 1K and United Club member. How long is it likely to take to connect, and is there a recommended Club that I ought to look for in Narita?

I don't have a seat assignment yet on ANA, so I am thinking that I might want to go to one of their Star Alliance Lounges . . . ?

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dresden
Hi,

I am flying DEN-NRT-SIN on 12/1. I'm upgraded to Business first on the UA leg. I have a 90 minute connection from UA139 to NH801. I am a 1K and United Club member. How long is it likely to take to connect, and is there a recommended Club that I ought to look for in Narita?

I don't have a seat assignment yet on ANA, so I am thinking that I might want to go to one of their Star Alliance Lounges . . . ?

Thanks!
90 minutes is a non-issue and NRT is really efficient (especially since there are now *A Gold Track lanes at the security screening areas — however sometimes the regular lanes can be faster because of how many elites there are lol).

NH801 usually departs from one of the 50s gates so you'll probably want to go to the NH No. 5 satellite lounge (it's closer to your departure gate and has windows/pretty decent views of the tarmac unlike the lounge in the No. 4 satellite).

If your arrival gate is closer to the 40s gates and you use the 40s security check (that spits you out at the NH No. 4 satellite lounge) I'd take the underground tunnel to get to the No. 5 satellite.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... I am flying DEN-NRT-SIN on 12/1. I'm upgraded to Business first on the UA leg. I have a 90 minute connection from UA139 to NH801. I am a 1K and United Club member. How long is it likely to take to connect, ....
connections at NRT is fairly simple and 90 mins is plenty.

...and is there a recommended Club that I ought to look for in Narita? ...
There is an extensive discussion of NRT lounges for UA flyers -- see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...5-forward.html

Given the need to get a seating assignment, one of the ANA / NH lounges would make sense. But getting your seat assignment sooner would make even more sense.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
connections at NRT is fairly simple and 90 mins is plenty.

There is an extensive discussion of NRT lounges for UA flyers -- see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...5-forward.html

Given the need to get a seating assignment, one of the ANA / NH lounges would make sense. But getting your seat assignment sooner would make even more sense.
Not sure if you mean to suggest getting a seat assignment in the NH lounge, but I don't think the NH lounge does anything with tickets—they redirect to the transfer desk out in the main terminal (down the escalator from the lounge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.