FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Latest Liquor License Victim - HNL RCC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1102308-latest-liquor-license-victim-hnl-rcc.html)

holtju2 Jul 5, 2010 11:22 am

The Latest Liquor License Victim - HNL RCC

Wonder what's up with these RCC's becoming "dry" lately? The following sign is posted at the HNL RCC.

For adult beverages one can always go to CO PC but they stop serving at 8PM.

http://holtju2.smugmug.com/photos/923901361_mNYut-L.jpg

davef139 Jul 5, 2010 11:51 am

Wow usually they don't pull lic for first offense so there could have been others before, if they are being reviewed. I will say be prepared to be carded upon entry to RCC soon.

goodeats21 Jul 5, 2010 1:54 pm

Doesn't say anything about a violation. Maybe just expired and someone forgot to renew in time?
Don't know for sure about Hawaii, but most liquor agencies post the revocation notice at the door....
Hmmmm....

UAL4life Jul 5, 2010 2:21 pm

Hopefully when this is over it wont affect the free booze ;)

goodeats21 Jul 22, 2010 2:58 pm

update on HNL RCC

I was just in the HNL RCC this week.
They now have self-serve beer and wine, but no liquor.

Beer and wine are on the bar-top with a note about due to liquor license being processed, they are unable to personally serve alcoholic beverages, but feel free to help yourself to the beer and wine provided (obviously not an exact quote...i helped myself to enough beer to effectively blur the exact text :)

About 5 choices of bottled beer in a container of ice on the bar. Bud/ Bud Light / Corona / Heineken....one other I can't recall. I am not much of a wine person, there was a white on ice and a red on the counter.

They did dispense soft drinks when requested...and juice dispenser was available by the snacks in the afternoon.

goalie Jul 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 14348104)

Beer and wine are on the bar-top with a note about due to liquor license being processed, they are unable to personally serve alcoholic beverages, but feel free to help yourself to the beer and wine provided (obviously not an exact quote...i helped myself to enough beer to effectively blur the exact text :)

About 5 choices of bottled beer in a container of ice on the bar. Bud/ Bud Light / Corona / Heineken....one other I can't recall. I am not much of a wine person, there was a white on ice and a red on the counter.

They did dispense soft drinks when requested...and juice dispenser was available by the snacks in the afternoon.

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 14246894)
Doesn't say anything about a violation. Maybe just expired and someone forgot to renew in time?
Don't know for sure about Hawaii, but most liquor agencies post the revocation notice at the door....
Hmmmm....

looks like you might be right based on goodeats21's post above

ryan182 Jul 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Too bad they don't have a Hawaiian beer like a Kona Firerock which is delicious

Ripper3785 Jul 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Last thurs night they had the same options, though the bartender opened my bottle of beer and poured Mrs. Ripper's wine. This setup is pretty strange. But I appreciate that they are apparently doing as much as they are allowed to do to provide guests with free booze at this domestic club!

ConsultantA Jul 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182 (Post 14348709)
Too bad they don't have a Hawaiian beer like a Kona Firerock which is delicious

any free beer is delicious!!:D

Kurt Jul 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Mai Tai-lovers let out a collective sigh . . . listen, it's like the tide rolling out!

kainalu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 pm

I'll take free over mai-tai...

elitelite Jul 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by kainalu (Post 14349218)
I'll take free over mai-tai...

But the mai-tais at HNL RCC *were* free!

usa18dca Jul 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Outrageous...I've only been to the DL SC in HNL and there was NO Booze at the time...Disappointing...

boomerang-boy Jul 23, 2010 10:58 am

Dumb question here as it's been a long time since I was in a Red Carpet Club, are drinks now free in the all the clubs or just at HNL?

SEA1K4EVR Jul 23, 2010 11:01 am

Originally Posted by boomerang-boy (Post 14352697)
Dumb question here as it's been a long time since I was in a Red Carpet Club, are drinks now free in the all the clubs or just at HNL?

It's free at all international RCC's and apparently at HNL. But not at any other domestic RCC.