The Latest Liquor License Victim - HNL RCC

Subscribe
Quote: Dumb question here as it's been a long time since I was in a Red Carpet Club, are drinks now free in the all the clubs or just at HNL?

Just HNL.

My question though: Are the tap beers no longer available? Kona Longboard was always available when I spent time in the HNL RCC both last year and this year.
It's not currently available nor are any other spirits. Just wine and bottled beer.
From the flyerguide wiki

As of July 2010, there had just been a change in the contract for operating the bar. This temporarily means that no liquor is available in this club until the new bar operator obtains its liquor license from the local government. As a mitigation, bottled beer and wine are temporarily free of charge (until the liquor license is approved).

The bartender indicated that once the liquor license is approved, they intend to offer draft Longboard lager from the Kona Brewing Co., which is a local micro-brewer. There are only 2 beer taps at the bar, so the other tap will be a mainstream national US brand lager. They also offer the Japanese Kirin brand beer in cans, although the fine print on the can indicates that it was actually brewed by A-B in Los Angeles, CA. Similarly, Heineken is available in cans. Ale is not available in this RCC location.
Quote: It's free at all international RCC's and apparently at HNL. But not at any other domestic RCC.
Also free at PHL...beer, wine, and liquor. Full service bar with bartender.

Not sure of any particular rationale....or why these particular clubs, but not complaining

It's a stumper.
Quote: Also free at PHL...beer, wine, and liquor. Full service bar with bartender.

Not sure of any particular rationale....or why these particular clubs, but not complaining

It's a stumper.
HNL, I can understand with the Asia traffic. Though, it would be cool if the same logic applied to SFO.
HNL United Club - expired liquor license
Wanted a drink before departure and couldn't get one, excuse - "We let our liquor license expire."
Who is running this place? Bad to worse daily.
Quote: Wanted a drink before departure and couldn't get one, excuse - "We let our liquor license expire."
Let me take a wild guess...........with the merger, no need for 2 station managers, 2 cust service managers, 2 Ops managers. Who kept and who lost their jobs? Who's responsibility is the clubs? WAY TO GO CO!!!!
What a disgrace. Not so much for the lack of alcohol but because they would do something like let their liquor licence expire. It's pretty embarrassing to have to tell that to your customers.
Quote: WAY TO GO CO!!!!
This is one screwup that former CO has nothing to do with!
How does this happen? Was someone not paying attention or are they trying to save money?

I'm going to try and get a gate pass tomorrow as I am trying to bring one of my traveling friends into the club. If I get the pass I'll ask them what happened.
Quote: Wanted a drink before departure and couldn't get one, excuse - "We let our liquor license expire."
Seriously? Couldn't get one? Plenty of drink options at the Honolulu airport! Kind of sad if the only reason to get a UC membership is to drink liquor. There is the place right next to Quizno's at the United gates for drinks if you really gotta have one.
Quote: Seriously? Couldn't get one? Plenty of drink options at the Honolulu airport! Kind of sad if the only reason to get a UC membership is to drink liquor. There is the place right next to Quizno's at the United gates for drinks if you really gotta have one.
One of the stated benefits of a UC membership is free liquor. What is sad is a seller failing to deliver on its commitments.
I don't think the OP is complaining about not getting a drink. I think he is complaining that the United Club is not providing a service that it said it would, as detailed here.
LOL...

A lot cheaper for UA this way, isn't it!
I hate to tell you for all you folks who don't live in Hawaii that it is different here. They probably had issues that couldn't be overcome that wouldn't be a problem on the mainland. Sorry for the reality check - just different here.

If you really need a drink - go to the place next to Quizno's.