Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
steveman, I don't think BOS qualifies as a smaller outstation.
It doesn't, but I've even seen this at SFO for mainline flights (and of course the IAD express concourse)
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Travel4Points
From what I could see, there were only 2 lanes. A lane for group 1 and a lane for group 2. And both lanes had really long lines. I did not see signs for group 3,4, or 5. Has anyone seen this before?
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Experienced this at RSW (Ft. Meyers) yesterday. Two lanes only.
Yes, many airports (or individual gates) that are space constrained.

Probably not a huge issue at RSW...but a major CF at LGA where there's no space at all, and tons of elites.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Baze
Are you complaining? This is a complaint thread. Sounds like you are rejoicing. Now on your next flight you will have a complaint. The CC machine was working and you had to pay for your drinks
He lost the opportunity to earn miles with his credit card.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by Travel4Points
From what I could see, there were only 2 lanes. A lane for group 1 and a lane for group 2. And both lanes had really long lines. I did not see signs for group 3,4, or 5. Has anyone seen this before?
This is common at BOS
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:24 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
The flight attendant added four ice cubes instead of three for my second drink. It was too cold too fast.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Only three of my four domestic flights this week were catered with sparking wine. And on one of those three I had to ask the FA to "double check" after she said they didn't have it, which they did.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Jetbridge lice.

You get off a UX, and step to the side of the jet bridge, waiting for your gate checked carry-on. Most of the pax line up in order, like we were taught in kindergarten, but Mr DYKWIA stands down in the pit because he wants HIS BAG NOW!!

Best retort was from baggage handler who told a DYKWIA - "please take your place in line behind those who were here before you"
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Jetbridge lice.

You get off a UX, and step to the side of the jet bridge, waiting for your gate checked carry-on. Most of the pax line up in order, like we were taught in kindergarten, but Mr DYKWIA stands down in the pit because he wants HIS BAG NOW!!

Best retort was from baggage handler who told a DYKWIA - "please take your place in line behind those who were here before you"
I'd say that's substantive. Or the ones who start a second line on the other side
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:30 pm

I can only seem to open the packets of hand sanitizer in the GF amenity kit with my teeth.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

On a recent ord>sfo flight (delayed 4 hrs due to sfo issues), they didn't give us a cookie in F. And the cookies I got at the UC didn't taste great. And the video content on my iPad wasn't interesting to watch. At this point, I don't have any booked travel on ual for 2015.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K | Bonvoy Ambassador | WN A-List | Avis First | Hertz PC
This morning I got upgraded to first on a new 737 but couldn't enjoy the Sky Interior ceiling because there are rafts installed.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Jetbridge lice.

Yeah, or the ones that just sort of mill around on the Jet Bridge totally blocking deplaning passengers.

Or even better are the ones that leap up and rush to the front of the UAX flight coming into YYZ. Since we are parked out in the boonies without a Jet Bridge, they don't even open the door until all the Gate Check Baggage is unloaded and brought around to the front.

I get some strange stares, while I calmly sit and continue to read until I hear the 'thump, thump' on the door that indicates its ok to open now. This is generally at least 10 and can be as long as 30 minutes between seat belt sign off and door open.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
I flew ric iad lax iah rsw on Wednesday
Everything was on time and ran perfectly so I could not collect any e-Certs and had to actually fly the route as booked
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by teeceedee
I'd say that's substantive. Or the ones who start a second line on the other side
Jet bridge twi-lice
Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BigJC
I can only seem to open the packets of hand sanitizer in the GF amenity kit with my teeth.
Doubles as mouth wash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.