Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
My recent flight with DTVs had the screens defaulted not to the usual CNBC, but to Newsmax TV - a self-proclaimed conservative network attempting to outflank Fox News. When I boarded, the graphics were screaming about voting fraud conspiracies.

Really, United? How is politically alienating a major proportion of your customer base just to flog this new network good for business? (And before anyone asks and we drift to OMNI-land, no, it would not be any more excusable if it was a network peddling any equally-unsubstantiated left-wing conspiracies.)
You're not the only one who noticed. From Paul Krugman's New York Times blog:

"Last night Atif Mian and I flew up to Boston for a conference and as I slid into my seat, who should I see staring at me but Ron Paul. It turned out that all of the seatback screens in the plane were showing Newsmax TV who knew there was such a thing? Is it there to serve people who find Fox News too liberal? and as best I could tell from the visual context (the sound was blessedly off), the elder Paul was lecturing us about monetary policy."
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
You're not the only one who noticed. From Paul Krugman's New York Times blog:

"Last night Atif Mian and I flew up to Boston for a conference and as I slid into my seat, who should I see staring at me but Ron Paul. It turned out that all of the seatback screens in the plane were showing Newsmax TV who knew there was such a thing? Is it there to serve people who find Fox News too liberal? and as best I could tell from the visual context (the sound was blessedly off), the elder Paul was lecturing us about monetary policy."
Finally, some IFE worth paying for.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The meal on my 4U LHR-TXL flight is listed as 1...how am I supposed to know what that is!?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:51 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
The boarding passes are too glossy...

As I exited China a few days ago, they stamped by boarding pass...The glossiness of the boarding pass makes it not dry very fast. About a minute after exit customs formalities, I accidentally brushed the BP against my pants and had a red stain on my leg all the way to MBS.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:30 am

Angry No Sprite Zero

I still can't believe some UA rocket scientist decided to eliminate Sprite Zero from beverage offerings. That means there are no decaf sugar free soft drinks on offer. And no, I don't consider lime-flavored water to be a sugar free soft drink.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Silver and 1k bag tags look too similar. It's tough to tell from a distance whether I'm giving the stink-eye to a pleab.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
Silver and 1k bag tags look too similar. It's tough to tell from a distance whether I'm giving the stink-eye to a pleab.
+1!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
+1!
Yellow handle. Solved, next!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by CapitolHill
I still can't believe some UA rocket scientist decided to eliminate Sprite Zero from beverage offerings. That means there are no decaf sugar free soft drinks on offer. And no, I don't consider lime-flavored water to be a sugar free soft drink.
I don't agree this belongs in this least substantive thread.. I completely agree.. I usually drink Coke Zero but I did like to have the occasional Sprite Zero and was disappointed last week when they said it was gone.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by CapitolHill
This was my entry for least substantive thing a few pages back. Was a way bigger deal to me than it should have been...

And now... it looks like I'm going to have to give up artificial sweeteners for medical reasons. So, maybe United was just looking out for me?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by jewels421
And now... it looks like I'm going to have to give up artificial sweeteners for medical reasons. So, maybe United was just looking out for me?
Artificial sweeteners aren't really good for us. Nor is HFCS. Water or spirits!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by seacarl
And avoid the mixers!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by seacarl
Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels421

Woohoo! I'll drink to that!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:35 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Kacee
And avoid the mixers!
But nothing quenches like a turpentine julep with a dash of wormwood.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:31 pm

I had to use a pre-owned trash bag in the cockpit last week. And if that's not enough, in a $40M airplane we should have a better way to secure this bag than tying it to the radio pedestal.

FAB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.