Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Kensterfly

I guess the same question would apply if you are in a window seat. Do you have to crawl over your row mate? Could be awkward if the person you need to get by is not your traveling companion.

Thanks!
It really depends on the length of your legs. I'm 6' and it takes a bit of care, but it's not impossible. If I had shorter legs, or worse balance and leg strength, I could see the problem.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:51 pm

E+ seats?

Booked ORD-FRA in Sep on UA907. Seat map shows the version with crew rest seats at the middle back of E+. We are currently holding 26 DG with open middle. Would same seats in row 27 be better, or too close to crew rest chatter?
Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drewguy
It really depends on the length of your legs. I'm 6' and it takes a bit of care, but it's not impossible. If I had shorter legs, or worse balance and leg strength, I could see the problem.
I'm 5'9" and when I've been stuck in the middle, I've had no trouble getting out of the seat without disturbing my seatmate.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA - 1P
6C or 7K?

Ok, I've read through nearly all of this and I still can't figure out which would be a better seat, so appealing those that might have flown in either or even better, both.

Flight will be an overnight one from SFO-LHR and I want to sleep. No problems with a eye mask, but noise can been a problem -- maybe not with silicone plugs, but tough to say. Don't get up too many times during the flight as I take a sleep aid and am usually out for 6-7 hours.

Any thoughts on which is better/why, please let me know. Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Originally Posted by gdhyde
Ok, I've read through nearly all of this and I still can't figure out which would be a better seat, so appealing those that might have flown in either or even better, both.

Flight will be an overnight one from SFO-LHR and I want to sleep. No problems with a eye mask, but noise can been a problem -- maybe not with silicone plugs, but tough to say. Don't get up too many times during the flight as I take a sleep aid and am usually out for 6-7 hours.

I would guess it depends on how often you'd like to get up: I prefer aisle access and row 7 faces the galley, which can be really noisy. I'd go for 6C. Probably the most private experience
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA - 1P
6C or 7K?

Originally Posted by mmack
I would guess it depends on how often you'd like to get up: I prefer aisle access and row 7 faces the galley, which can be really noisy. I'd go for 6C. Probably the most private experience
I get up a few times before and after dinner, then I'm out for 6+ hours where i don't really move at all -- basically until landing or breakfast/lunch the next day.

6D is also available so I suppose I could sit there... guess it depends on whether I want someone crawling over me or me crawling over someone else. It's been awhile since I've been in C on the 777 so I forget whether that's a hassle or not. I'm about 5'10 with good balance so getting over folks tends not be a problem most of the time though.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by gdhyde

I'm personally a fan of 7K - you're not really looking into the galley (though you can see it), there's a window, and you aren't getting climbed over.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold
anyone know how seats 20AB on 777-200 LAX to SYD are? They are first row in E+ and just two seats together. We have been on WL forever for upgrade so I am just trying to figure if I made the right choice for E+

thx
Old Sep 19, 2015, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Mel Grant
anyone know how seats 20AB on 777-200 LAX to SYD are? They are first row in E+ and just two seats together. We have been on WL forever for upgrade so I am just trying to figure if I made the right choice for E+

thx
IME those are among the most popular E+ seats on the sUA 777s - great legroom, and perfect for couples.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
IME those are among the most popular E+ seats on the sUA 777s - great legroom, and perfect for couples.

Well then sounds like if our upgrades don't clear we will be happy with those seats!!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP

thx
You've made the right choice. The only caveat with those seats is that there is no floor storage for take off and landing.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT

thx
Shhh! Don't tell anyone! 20AB are great.
I recently changed my flight date home from DXB just to have 20AB as a fallback if our UG didn't clear. (It did) As for the lack of underseat storage - just board early enough to locate bags nearby. Only downside - row 19 middle is where they put one bassinet, and you can be stuck with a crying baby for the flight. But that's what IFE and noise-cancelling headphones are for.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:41 pm

well thanks all on the answers about 20AB but the upgrade gods cleared our WL, so here is a new question....Forward facing or rear facing? Any preferences or thoughts?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
well thanks all on the answers about 20AB but the upgrade gods cleared our WL, so here is a new question....Forward facing or rear facing? Any preferences or thoughts?
Can you get 6J/K? Every other pair involves a compromise. I would probably go next for 7A/B.

Front vs. rear facing doesn't matter as much as seat location.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Very excited, just booked my first flight in GlobalFirst from Europe to IAD. 1/2 A are already gone but everything else is open. Toying between 1K and 2K, any thoughts? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.