Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA - Kettle
AVOD ^
3-3-3 Config

Regardless there are still three middles per row.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA ExpPlat, Delta DM
Originally Posted by flyingbroom
to 3-3-3 seating

and what happened to 17 a-b and 21 hj?
The first row on the sides of the planes start at row 20. The center section starts at row 19. The bulkhead row in economy plus row 20 only has 2 seats on each side.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
Definitely not seeing anything that resembles power in these seats.... is it just going to be E+ that has power?? In which case Row 33 which is the Exit row and is considered E- would not have power, which would mean there isn't 1 good seat on this new configuration as the 2 - 2 seats in E+ probably have limited recline.....

Please tell me that we are just not seeing the hidden power switches and UA didn't screw this up......

Anyone else noticing that the seat map that was online shows 44AB and 45AB as a 2 seat section, but in this picture its 3 seats ABC?

31 does look to be 2 seats though on eac side.

I mean I hate to say it, but it still looks like a boring plane, I know UA is excited about it, as made obvious by their posting the Y- Cabin, but honestly it looks like the same boring seats in a new crappier configuration AND with United's typical problem of a broken seat in row 39.

Last edited by zabes64; Apr 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm Reason: ADDED info
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: No Longer Anything
Appreciate the photo posting!

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
A seat-mounted touch-screen is the single stupidest design ever conceived.
Originally Posted by flyingbroom
to 3-3-3 seating

Agree with both! I am really depressed about the 3-3-3 seating... UGH!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by PanHam
Sadly, the same tired-looking economy seats (except for the PTV). I would've hoped that the cabin would've become a bit more lively or inviting after the remodel.
And what fab-u-lous upgrades were you expecting in Y?
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
A seat-mounted touch-screen is the single stupidest design ever conceived.
LOL....we all have our priorities. One vote for THE single stupidest design concept. You can't change your mind now.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
No footrests it appears. The removal of those control boxes helps make up for it.

Other than that I like it.

Where are the lighting/FA call button controls?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
It's really weird to see 3x3x3 on a UA bird, no?

Programs: UA 1P
Thanks for the photos, United PR! Excited to see the F and C cabins when those pictures are ready.

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by kevinsac
One vote for THE single stupidest design concept. You can't change your mind now.
Oh, I won't. I've experienced it on VX and that's the primary reason I won't fly them if I have a choice (and if I have to fly them, I'll sit in the last row).
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Silver
Heres a step in trying to become even with CO and the 3-3-3 layout of the 777. Looks Great! Will the Domestic 777's get these AVOD's as well?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Originally Posted by daganderson
Heres a step in trying to become even with CO and the 3-3-3 layout of the 777. Looks Great! Will the Domestic 777's get these AVOD's as well?
As per previous posts in the original reconfigure thread, the domestic 777s aren't getting reconfigured.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by zabes64
Definitely not seeing anything that resembles power in these seats....
Okay - I'll admit I'm not an expert on things like this, but if you look at the very first row in the first picture, you can see controls for that seat. Does one of those look like an AC plug?

I'm sorry I don't know the seat numbering system well enough to say specifically which seat number it is.

Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 419er
if you look at the very first row in the first picture, you can see controls for that seat. Does one of those look like an AC plug?
I think what you've cropped is the swing-up arm for the video screen since that's a bulkhead seat.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
^AVOD
3-3-3 Config

Agreed. +1
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by kevinsac
And what fab-u-lous upgrades were you expecting in Y? LOL....we all have our priorities. One vote for THE single stupidest design concept. You can't change your mind now.
Use your impeccable powers of observation and read my second post in this thread for specifics. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.