Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
I rarely taking sleeping pills, but learned the hard way that when you do, DON'T TAKE THEM UNTIL YOU ARE UP IN THE AIR!!! Had a few Bacardi before boarding the flight with my wife from LA - MEL than popped an Ambien right before take off to have a great nights sleep. My wife woke me up 3 hours later telling me they cancelled the flight. To say the least ,I needed my wife and global service to get me off the plane. Won't ever make that mistake again. Some day I am going to write a book on all this stuff. Safe travels to you.See you in the air!
You could also learn this from last week's episode of Modern Family - as the show begins with them knocking back pills before takeoff I thought "this won't end up anywhere good . . . "
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, DL Platinum, B6 Mosaic
Any update?

Just passed 800,00 PQM heading over to Europe for the weekend with the wife. Less than 50,000 to go to 18 million.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 16, 2017 at 1:18 pm Reason: unneeded comment removed
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by PrivatetoComercial
Any update?
Less than 25,000 to go. I will update towards the end of the week with the flight I hit 18 million. This month for sure. Just came back from a fantastic week with the wife. Amsterdam Marriott for 2 nights(bus 197 drops you 50 yards from the hotel, 5 euros each way ) and 4 nights at Nizuc Resort in Cancun at a garden pool villa. Best experience possible in Cancun!! I hope everyone had a great Easter holiday!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by drewguy
You could also learn this from last week's episode of Modern Family - as the show begins with them knocking back pills before takeoff I thought "this won't end up anywhere good . . . "
Actually they took them the second after take off with their pre departure drinks in hand in coach.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:54 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Michael D
Actually they took them the second after take off with their pre departure drinks in hand in coach.
PDBs in Y on AA is how you know that this is fiction.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Less than 25,000 to go. I will update towards the end of the week with the flight I hit 18 million. This month for sure. Just came back from a fantastic week with the wife. Amsterdam Marriott for 2 nights(bus 197 drops you 50 yards from the hotel, 5 euros each way ) and 4 nights at Nizuc Resort in Cancun at a garden pool villa. Best experience possible in Cancun!! I hope everyone had a great Easter holiday!
Kudos to you Tom & happy to hear you had a few days relaxing in Cancun; is United hosting a party for you at 18 mil? They definitely need some good press & your achievement might just be the only thing positive for them this week!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
It's official. The 18 million mile flight will be Tuesday night on the 9pm flight ORD to LHR. The only downside is that I won't be able to celebrate this with my wife. (teaching back in NJ)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
18? Is that all??? I mean, it's not 20 but I guess it'll do. For now.��

I got this google alert today on an interview you did recently. Nicely said.

http://www.ibtimes.com/united-airlin...ompany-2526965
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
It's official. The 18 million mile flight will be Tuesday night on the 9pm flight ORD to LHR. The only downside is that I won't be able to celebrate this with my wife. (teaching back in NJ)
Congrats! I am flying to LHR (from EWR though) that evening, so will beat you there by several hours. Hope they have a good party set up for you
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by jdivenere
18? Is that all??? I mean, it's not 20 but I guess it'll do. For now.��

I got this google alert today on an interview you did recently. Nicely said.

http://www.ibtimes.com/united-airlin...ompany-2526965
Hey Jason! Seems like only yesterday you flew with me on my 15 million mile flight to Australia. How time flies! Lol
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM

^^^!!!

Now, about that 20MM milestone........
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Looks like a SDC is in the cards

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Congrats! I am flying to LHR (from EWR though) that evening, so will beat you there by several hours. Hope they have a good party set up for you
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Thumbs up

Kudos Tom! Sleeping among the stars seems an appropriate setting for this milestone event: Congratulations!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Congrats Tom ^ and as always, simply in awe
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:04 am

Today is the day. hit 18M on a 9pm flight ORD-LHR. If you are in the Polaris Lounge tonight ,Ill buy you a drink....lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.