Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

to the ua employees working on thanksgiving

to the ua employees working on thanksgiving

Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Last year, I flew on both 12/24 and 12/25. On 12/24, I bought a big box of non-US Kit Kats (they taste better) and handed them out to various FAs on my flights. On 12/25, I bought a box of See's at SFO for the gate agents who handled an IRROPS situation for me.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:36 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Don't forget the people up-front
Always ^

Originally Posted by freshairborne
Thanks, Goalie. We appreciate the thought.
No BOS trips, but one of these days, I'm sure we'll run into each other. We both seem to fly a lot on United

FAB
Ya think? And, yes one of these days.......
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Just saw this thread and it reminds me that I will be flying on T-giving day, so I will load up with some treats for our friendly UA employees in the sky!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:36 pm

Ah, this is why I will keep my regional job. Less than two years seniority and I've got all holidays off. A big thank you to those junior to me that will be working!

A big thank you from our side as well, to those of you that travel and are a joy to talk to. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I really appreciate it when someone asks me how I'm doing and whatnot. It's nice to have a real conversation sometimes.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by fastair
At ORD, they used to bring in turkeys, up until about 4 years ago, when the vendor shipped bad meat and we lost (not dead, just unable to work) an entire shift of workers due to illness that day. By the time they realized the root cause, the 2nd shift was not given the opportunity to be poisoned.

Since then (no word on it yet this year) they ahve been providing us a voucher to eat at the employee cafeteria. Not a ton of food (single serving, and real long lines) but it is good and appreciated.
===============

Fastair, I appreciate all your comments - giving thanks for that; you've contributed very, very interesting insight and feedback from our CSR point of view. Hope you're off, if you want to be. I'll say it again in this thread, thanks for the "thanks" from all you FTers.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
double

Does UA have any special meals for those of you working the various holidays, or is it the same food that you normally get?

Thanks for many great flights in 2011 ^ And thanks to all of the UAL & CO pilots that have contributed to FT.. I appreciate that you take time out of your long day to visit with us ^
===================
UA has catered food into our station - turkey with all the trimmings, beverages and desert. Speaking for myself I don't prefer to work. Not sure how it's done at other airports but where I work there are two sign up sheets - one for those who want to work and one for those who want to be off (unless your regular days off just happen to fall on the holiday and day before or after). Additionally, it's a paid holiday (straight time) if you are scheduled in but choose to take it off or even if it is your regular day off that week; you still get paid the straight time. You would be surprised how many people sign up to work (paid double time) , so everyone usually gets what they want (work or off). United is happy and thankful.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 22, 2011 at 5:02 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3MM; AA ExecPlat 1.2MM
Thanks in advance for delivering 130 Jr. safely tomorrow night for the holiday on UA 225. Our family (GS, 1K and 1P) feel connected to UA because of the people we've met there, and we appreciate all you do. ^^
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:54 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by goalie
Yes, you work a 7 day a week job but it is still hard to work on a holiday and to be away from family so I would simply like to say thank you to the folks at my favorite airline
Like I said in 2009, 2010, 2011.....

and now in 2012

Thank you all ^
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

and now in 2012

Thank you all ^
+1 :-:
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Thanks in advance to the UA employees who will be safely flying me to be with family in CMH this Thanksgiving Day and Sunday. ^^^
Headed to CMH again tomorrow and will once again be grateful for the dedicated UA employees who will get me to my family. ^

Everyone stay safe out there and be kind and patient towards the staff and fellow travelers you encounter. Things may move a bit slower than usual and that's okay.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: VAG
Indeed.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Thanks to all the UA employees working Thanksgiving to get me where I'm trying to go I too am avoiding the Wednesday crowds, and catching a flight from PHL on Thursday AM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
From all of us over-entitled Elites, to all of Jeff's co-workers, thank you, and have a wonderful holiday!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
A big thank you to all working for UAL, including BOD, & Mr. Jeff Smisek. I hope each of you enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving Celebration!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by channa
From all of us over-entitled Elites, to all of Jeff's co-workers, thank you, and have a wonderful holiday!

You folks are going to make me cry..... To me you all are never over-entitle. Your status is well earned and hope that you will stay around so we can show you our appreciation. I will be on 869 to HKG on the 21. Hope to see some of you there. Happy Thanks Giving to you all and wish you all have a great time with your family.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum

and now in 2012

Thank you all ^

Originally Posted by channa
Add Mrs. 1KPath and me to the chorus...Thank you to all of the UA employees that have worked so hard for us. While I will not be travelling this week, I will be fixing dinner for 45 people including my two UA pilot cousins and their families and two of my LAX "angels" and their spouses and children. When we raise our glasses of "hard cider" in thanks, we will be thinking of all of you!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.