Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

to the ua employees working on thanksgiving

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

to the ua employees working on thanksgiving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2009, 6:26 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by aluminumdriver
Very nice post Goalie. You are a classy guy. Wish I could meet you one day, but unfortunately, I am to remain Flyertalk friendless staying anonymous. Have a Happy Thanksgiving as well, and the same to the other FTer's here. Off to eat.

AD
Happy Thanksgiving to all working & not.

aluminumdriver no need to stay anoymous. Flyertalkers are the greatest & I think folks that post on here appreciate your posts & would love to meet you. Heck if you ever make it to Clt give me a heads up.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Originally Posted by coachrowsey

aluminumdriver no need to stay anoymous. Flyertalkers are the greatest & I think folks that post on here appreciate your posts & would love to meet you. Heck if you ever make it to Clt give me a heads up.
No need to fear us, we love you guys We just have differences of opinion at times but we all appreciate what you do for us. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
Old Nov 26, 2009, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
yes, you work a 7 day a week job but it is still hard to work on a holiday and to be away from family so i would simply like to say thank you to the folks at my favorite airline
:tWu:

aluminumdriver, lemme tell you a little story. Several years ago I had to fly SFO-IAD on 4 July. The A319 was half full, and the mood was subdued. As the flight approached STL, it was about 9:45 pm, and therefore fireworks time. There was a tremendous fireworks display in downtown STL, and the captain invited each of the FA's into the flightdeck to view it for a few minutes, from the best seat in the house. When each of the FA's returned from the flightdeck, their was a snap in their step and a radiance to their demeanor. Every time I see one of your posts, I am reminded of that flight, and wonder if it was you that was the captain that day.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedEF
No need to fear us, we love you guys We just have differences of opinion at times but we all appreciate what you do for us. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
:tWu:

aluminumdriver, lemme tell you a little story. Several years ago I had to fly SFO-IAD on 4 July. The A319 was half full, and the mood was subdued. As the flight approached STL, it was about 9:45 pm, and therefore fireworks time. There was a tremendous fireworks display in downtown STL, and the captain invited each of the FA's into the flightdeck to view it for a few minutes, from the best seat in the house. When each of the FA's returned from the flightdeck, their was a snap in their step and a radiance to their demeanor. Every time I see one of your posts, I am reminded of that flight, and wonder if it was you that was the captain that day.
Nope, that wasn't me

Thanks for the nice words folks. I don't stay anonymous due to you FTers, but due to those up at Mount Tilton that might like to harrass those of us that might say something negative about them. Remember we were sued by our own company. So, in order to say what I see or feel, I kind of have to stay anonymous. Maybe I can come out of the closet when I retire LOL. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

AD
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:19 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt GP Plat
Thumbs up Happy Thanksgiving from UA

Was on flight 837 to Tokyo today in 23F... yeah K fare- about three hours from landing, the purser comes by with a pumpkin cheesecake and says "Happy Thansgiving. Thanks for being a 1K". Just wanted to say things like that make all the difference. After that I didn't being in a middle seat on that old 747....

Anyone else experience the same?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
That's a nice touch. ^
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
Little things can make such a big difference. ^
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:51 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by goalie
yes, you work a 7 day a week job but it is still hard to work on a holiday and to be away from family so i would simply like to say thank you to the folks at my favorite airline
Ok, since "some Thanksgiving travel" has already started, I decided to bump this thread a few days early...

Thank you for doing what you do and for what you do best and for getting me to and from safely each and every time as those are the reasons I fly United ^
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'd like to second the thanks from goalie. Many of you are most likely going to miss the time with your friends/family. You are the reason we are able to get around, and I thank you for that! You've definitely had to deal with a lot of issues with our good friend, Glenn

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I'd like to second the thanks from goalie. Many of you are most likely going to miss the time with your friends/family. You are the reason we are able to get around, and I thank you for that! You've definitely had to deal with a lot of issues with our good friend, Glenn

Have a Great Thanksgiving as well, if you're lucky to run into me do I have a surprise for y'all UA/CO folks!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

And I would like to third the thanks & AD if you come to Clt please let me know,UA will not know I promise.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
And I would like to third the thanks & AD if you come to Clt please let me know,UA will not know I promise.
Bolding mine: And the same from me AD-if you have in the past become a tootsie-pop victim or become one in the future-no one will ever know
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Happy Thanksgiving to all UA employees....I will be flying on Turkey Day and see a lot of my favorite UA employees!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:54 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We'll be flying Thanksgiving morning. So grateful to the UA staff for getting us to our families on this special day!

So, am I to understand that little tootsie-pop-like gifts are appropriate and appreciated?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Ericka
am I to understand that little tootsie-pop-like gifts are appropriate and appreciated?
I think that process is patented by goalie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.