Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1.1 million miles expired 6 wks ago

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SFOisHome
How do you get a hotel stay or rental car posted to another persons account? ....
.... Neither of us are part of the hotels frequent traveler program. ...
The usual requirement is the name on the hotel/car reservation & traveller program match the name on the MP account (or at least the last name -- such as a spouse)

Additionally membership in the hotel/car program is required and retroactive membership is usually for 30/60 days at best.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Wink Wow

Now I believe in conspiracy theories on talk radio....

It would be worth calling the 1K desk and asking for someone to marry you as long as they can reinstate the miles...

Is this a real post?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Star G, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
Thanks Wine Country.

Hertz was able to have one of my rentals post to his MP#. Also, I found out he was registered in the MP dinning program, so I think his 100k miles will end up back with him.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
My friend was able to use an old hotel stay receipt from a friend of his. UA just resurrected his 130,000 MP miles. A nice Christmas present. He never thought he could get his UA miles back until I persisted.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
1.1 million miles expired 6 wks ago

My sister is in a similar predicament

Jan. 01, 2010 MILES EXPIRED 56,000

She has had miles post in 2010

Can anyone help with a receipt from 2009, please PM me?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by anbhc
....Can anyone help with a receipt from 2009, please PM me?
MP will rarely go back more than 12 months -- might be too late in this case.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by anbhc
My sister is in a similar predicament

Jan. 01, 2010 MILES EXPIRED 56,000

She has had miles post in 2010

Can anyone help with a receipt from 2009, please PM me?
Your sister's best hope is if she can come up with an unclaimed receipt dated 31 Dec 2009. Otherwise, I think it is too late for her to re-claim her 56,000 miles.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:09 pm

I just realized that my 83k miles expired at the end of the year. I've been unemployed for very long and the only hotel reservations I've been able to find are a Priceline reservation with Candlewood in March and a Knights Inn stay February 6, 2010. I'm pretty sure I'm not Wyndham member and I haven't been able to locate my PC info. I even had a Chase MP card to keep them active and thought I had used it last year! I am such an idiot.

If anyone has an idea, let me know. I'm in shock.

Last edited by Vapno; Feb 17, 2011 at 10:30 pm
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Vapno
I just realized that my 83k miles expired at the end of the year. I've been unemployed for very long and the only hotel reservations I've been able to find are a Priceline reservation with Candlewood in March and a Knights Inn stay February 6, 2010. I'm pretty sure I'm not Wyndham member and I haven't been able to locate my PC info. I even had a Chase MP card to keep them active and thought I had used it last year! I am such an idiot.

Try car rentals, too. And ask people you know if they have any uncredited hotel stays or car rentals you can credit to your MP account. It seems to have worked for a few posters above.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:33 pm

I called and feigned ignorance about my last award flight date (August 2009) not counting as activity. (Instead, of course, the redemption date of June 2009 was what counted.) After that didn't work, I was given two options, which may be new or revived recently.

#1: Flight Challenge: Pay $299 and fly anywhere on United.
#2: Visa Challenge: Pay $199 and make one charge on my existing no-fee MP Visa. This was the only one I was interested in since United doesn't fly out of my current base, the Rio Grande Valley, yet. Otherwise I would have booked an award flight in the past year. Anyways, the purchase can occur anytime within one year of the miles' expiry, just as long as the challenge fee is paid within that same window. Because I won't have use for them until I move (possibly this spring) or the merger finalizes, I have thought about just waiting. But to be sure United can revoke this offer at anytime. I'm not going to wait longer than a few months. I had the CSR make a note just in case. It's possible they may respond to Delta's expiration elimination. Then again, the return of these challenges may be just that.

$199 isn't bad to get back what I value at $832!

Last edited by Vapno; Feb 18, 2011 at 5:43 pm
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:33 pm

I attempted to claim my stay with Wyndham.

"I received your information and I regret to tell you that your stay at the Knights Inn in Rosenberg, TX on 02/06/2010 cannot be credited to your account where the stay was more than 12 months ago."

How does claiming miles for another person's room work? I might be able to find a friend with an old reservation. I've also thought about reaching out to extended family with the same surname if that is required. (I have very little contact with them.) Or is this a situation in which that person would already had to have an hotel-rewards account but entered my MP number when claiming the stay? I've been registered for Wyndham, Choice, HHonors and SPG during at least the past year.

Last edited by Vapno; Feb 23, 2011 at 6:01 pm
Old Feb 23, 2011, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I attempted to claim my stay with Wyndham.

"I received your information and I regret to tell you that your stay at the Knights Inn in Rosenberg, TX on 02/06/2010 cannot be credited to your account where the stay was more than 12 months ago."

How does claiming miles for another person's room work? I might be able to find a friend with an old reservation. I've also thought about reaching out to extended family with the same surname if that is required. (I have very little contact with them.) Or is this a situation in which that person would already had to have an hotel-rewards account but entered my MP number when claiming the stay? I've been registered for Wyndham, Choice, HHonors and SPG during at least the past year.
I don't believe claiming miles for another person's stay does work. You can claim credit for past stays for sure. But FF programs are pretty strict with ensuring that accumulation is only for the account holder. Just like you can't claim miles for someone else who is flying and is not accumulating miles themselves.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA GM

If you need your PC info why don't you just call them? 1-800-holiday Maybe you will get credit for p/l stay.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, AA, SPG - Gold, LM
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I don't believe claiming miles for another person's stay does work. You can claim credit for past stays for sure. But FF programs are pretty strict with ensuring that accumulation is only for the account holder. Just like you can't claim miles for someone else who is flying and is not accumulating miles themselves.
I don't think it is true, I have claimed miles from rentals or stays by other into my MP#.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by anishub
I don't think it is true, I have claimed miles from rentals or stays by other into my MP#.
Did you have to set up a hotel/car account in their name? Or did you just file an online claim in your hotel-rewards account using the booking in another name? With which companies? (I have HH, SPG (begin 7/10), Choice and Wyndham.)

I'm pretty sure I don't have a PC number, so I think claiming that Priceline res is a deadend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.