Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Do WH Smith stores after security tend to sell cigarettes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 6:40 pm
COF
Original Poster

At Gatwick Airport a few months ago, I seem to recall the WH Smith after security there selling individual packets of cigarettes (10s and 20) for a really resonable price (in the region of £3 for 20) if I recall correctly. However, I was in a hurry and didn't have time to look.

I know the best deals on tobacco are the self-proclaimed duty-free shops which sell cartons, but I have always been reluctant to buy cartons as I don't smoke frequently enough to smoke them before they start to go stale, and dry.

So I was wondering, do WH Smiths after security tend to sell packs of 20 without the tax, and more particularly, does anyone know if the WH Smiths at Southampton Airport sells tobacco?

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2009, 4:26 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
I don't know about stocks, but a couple of observations:

1) You can't smoke them anyway inside the airport or on the plane, so they'll be of no use to you until you land.

2) Most destinations outside of the UK will have somewhere you can get packet of fags when you arrive. With very few exceptions, they will be cheaper than the UK.

(From a non-smoking duty free importer for friends)
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:26 am

Programs: BA,BD,VS,ANA
i've only seen 10's at UK airports recently, and they've been over £3!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.