Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Define "Double" and "Twin" Rooms at a U.K. Hilton?

Define "Double" and "Twin" Rooms at a U.K. Hilton?

Old Jul 23, 2009, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stut
This always used to be the case, but is rarely so now. A couple of booking sites do still use it, as does the kind of B&B or guesthouse that caters to the kind of person who feigns ignorance of metric measurements, is constantly making jokes about "Health and Safety", and, every time they say "Happy Christmas", follow it up with "if I'm still allowed to say that!"

Going slightly off at a tangent, I am always surprised how sparse information is on hotel websites about bed types, sizes, room types etc. It is often difficult to understand the differences between deluxe, superior, classic etc.

Back on topic, my expectation in the UK (and Europe too) is that double is a double bed (4ft6 or wider) and a twin is two singles.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: aadvantage platinum, united premier, Northwest Gold Elite
Swanhunter is correct...double=double bed...twin=twin bed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.