Wiki Posts
Search

Closest Hotel In Heathrow to T3

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Delta Platinum, HH Silver, Hertz PC, National ExEl
Closest Hotel In Heathrow to T3

I have to stay overnight in Heathrow on 3/5 and leave early morning from Terminal 3.

Since I have never been there and transportation seems to be complicated,
any suggestions?

I was leaning towards the Hilton on Terminal 4 which connects to T3 by Heathrow Express, however it is a bit on the expensive side.

How easy is it to get from the Sheraton or Radisson to the Terminals?

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
None around Heathrow is what I would call a luxury hotel.

When you say Sheraton I am not sure which one you are referring to, but Sheraton Heathrow and Sheraton Skyline are easy enough to get to on Hotel Hoppa (Ł4.00 each way, or apparently there are free buses that would take you there as well - have a look in Starwood section or UK travel section for further info). Taxis are also cheap enough (I think it is Ł10 from T3 to Sheraton Heathrow, not sure about Sheraton Skyline).
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:44 am

Pay up and stay at Hilton T4
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The Sofitel in T5 is much nicer than the Hilton, and it's easier to get to T3 because you use Heathrow Express (every 15 mins) rather than Heathrow Connect (every 1/2 hour). Every time I've looked the Sofitel has been comparably priced or cheaper than the Hilton.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 7:29 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
The Sofitel in T5 is much nicer than the Hilton, and it's easier to get to T3 because you use Heathrow Express (every 15 mins) rather than Heathrow Connect (every 1/2 hour). Every time I've looked the Sofitel has been comparably priced or cheaper than the Hilton.
Agreed. Your choices are really Sofitel or Hilton. The sofitel is very nice and a good value for London. The Hilton is fine and used to be the best before Sofitel.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 8:53 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeBOS
Although the Heathrow Connect only runs once every 30 minutes, a shuttle version runs between T4 and T123 on the off 15 minutes so there is a service every 15 minutes as well.

As many have noted on this forum before: if you can afford it, it is better (and generally faster) to take the train to Paddington than to wait for and ride the Hotel Hoppa to a Heathrow area hotel. Heathrow Connect is only a few pounds more than the Hoppa, or about the same if you have some usable Railcard.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:36 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the UK Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Although the Heathrow Connect only runs once every 30 minutes, a shuttle version runs between T4 and T123 on the off 15 minutes so there is a service every 15 minutes as well.

As many have noted on this forum before: if you can afford it, it is better (and generally faster) to take the train to Paddington than to wait for and ride the Hotel Hoppa to a Heathrow area hotel. Heathrow Connect is only a few pounds more than the Hoppa, or about the same if you have some usable Railcard.
Depending on how *early* your flight is and how late you're getting in the day before. The Heathrow Connet to Paddington is a great suggestion. There is a Hilton right in the station and you could do something in town that evening. The area around Heathrow doesn't have much to offer.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
I take lots of morning flights out of T1 and T3. My choice is the Marriott on Bath Rd. You don't say where you're coming FROM so its hard for me to suggest either the Marriott (its not luxury but its fine and really easy to drop a rental car) or, as someone said earlier, the Sofitel then HEX. I am an Hhonors Diamond customer but won't stay at the Hilton unless I've an early flight from T4.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Here is an excellent map/ lsiting of the hotels near Heathrow:

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_hotels.htm

There are no hotels actually in T3, but any of the hotels along the Bath Rd (marked A4 on the map) have pretty good access. They are likely to be cheaper than the T4 Hilton, the T5 Sofitel or the Paddington Hilton.

Access from the Bath Rd hotels is not as easy as jumping on the HEX, but it's not exactly a schlep either.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Delta Platinum, HH Silver, Hertz PC, National ExEl
Thanks for all the good advice.
Sofitel seemed preferable yet it was $130 more than the Hilton, so I booked that and being there right now.

Not very impressed the usual generic experience. The walkway to T4 is long (10 minutes) and indeed Heathrow connect is every 15 minutes to T123, even though he reception gives you the wrong information, it did not match was the conductor or the website showed, quite peculiar. I will find out tomorrow whoi is right.

If I had more time or in the future I will consider staying at the Hilton at Paddington. This time it made little sense since I got in late and have to leave early.

Last edited by Artur; Mar 5, 2009 at 8:07 pm
Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:31 pm

What about either the Doubletree or even the Renaissance to Terminal 3? The latter seems to suggest there's a free bus too?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Reviving seven year old threads is against Flyertalk rules (2 year limit). Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Quickly: DT and Ren are off airport properties, accessed by paid Hoppa bus and/or possibly free transit bus. Do not know the DT but the Ren was recently described elsewhere on FT as "a slag heap".
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The DT is very nice (rather industrial styling but fully renovated recently) but it is a long way from the airport on a suburban street, the last stop on the Hoppa Bus I think.

Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn outside Hatton Cross tube station and then do the one stop into T1-2-3 station the next day if you want a cheap option.

Or, frankly, stay in Central London near Paddington and jump on the Heathrow Express which is quicker than staying near the airport and relying on the bus to get to the terminal.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Raffles - do you need to pay a Tube fare to go from Hatton Cross to Heathrow Central (T3/T2)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.