Search

The Ongoing Heathrow Express Promotional Fare Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ah, its on the next page! Many thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Note that that is a single e-ticket intended for one traveller to use twelve times.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
I saw how I encountered the problem. If you go in from the BA website (to assign your BAEC or Avios number) you don't have the option of buying a carnet.

You can only buy carnets from the main HEX purchase page. You then can only assign your Heathrow rewards number, which in turn I can then transfer to be Avios...

Having just purchased a carnet online I then downloaded the app. You don't seem to be able to add a purchased ticket to the app. Also you don't seem to be able to buy Carnets from the app.

Seems strange that for the most frequent travellers who would buy a carnet and want to store it in a convenient app that you can't do this.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The barcode for a carnet is sent via email. And if they advertised carnets more, then more people would buy them, which cannibalizes their revenue.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Realizing this thread is quite old...

My flight is scheduled to land at LHR at 10:35pm on a tuesday evening. I was just looking at pre-booking HEX tickets, but realized that I may or may not be able to get onto the train before midnight. It looks like there's no HEX service between midnight and 5am. Am I reading the timetable correctly?
Old May 5, 2022, 11:11 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
My flight is scheduled to land at LHR at 10:35pm on a tuesday evening. I was just looking at pre-booking HEX tickets, but realized that I may or may not be able to get onto the train before midnight. It looks like there's no HEX service between midnight and 5am. Am I reading the timetable correctly?
Right, ok as you are going to Canary Wharf it doesn't make sense to take the Heathrow Express. You would take the tube of which the last service is at 2341.

But with a family a minicab is definitely best choice, unless you are on an American timezone, don't have luggage and want to explore London at night as soon as you arrive.

If you are coming from Ireland you will be out by 11pm or you will be staying in Ireland overnight. Anywhere else it should still be OK most of the time.

Last edited by :D!; May 5, 2022 at 11:21 pm
Old May 6, 2022, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Realizing this thread is quite old...

What is your ultimate destination?

Often the HEX isn't the right option but some people have been conditioned that it's the only way to get to central london when it isn't!
kingstontoon likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Right, ok as you are going to Canary Wharf it doesn't make sense to take the Heathrow Express. You would take the tube of which the last service is at 2341.

But with a family a minicab is definitely best choice, unless you are on an American timezone, don't have luggage and want to explore London at night as soon as you arrive.

If you are coming from Ireland you will be out by 11pm or you will be staying in Ireland overnight. Anywhere else it should still be OK most of the time.
I will be on US time, but plan to head directly to the hotel. I'm staying at the Marriott, so the walk from the tube stop, at midnight, with luggage and two kids doesn't make sense. I was hoping for the Elizabeth Line, as the new entrance to that looks to be almost next to the hotel, but jut saw that will stop running at 11pm initially, so don't think that's an option.

My thought was that HEX and a taxi from Paddington would be somewhat cheaper, if not faster, but looking at it again I'm questioning that position.
Old May 6, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
What is your ultimate destination?

Often the HEX isn't the right option but some people have been conditioned that it's the only way to get to central london when it isn't!
Marriott Canary Wharf, so based on what I saw of the walk to the tube the last time I was there, I don't think that's a good option given my situation.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:56 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I will be on US time, but plan to head directly to the hotel. I'm staying at the Marriott, so the walk from the tube stop, at midnight, with luggage and two kids doesn't make sense. I was hoping for the Elizabeth Line, as the new entrance to that looks to be almost next to the hotel, but jut saw that will stop running at 11pm initially, so don't think that's an option.

My thought was that HEX and a taxi from Paddington would be somewhat cheaper, if not faster, but looking at it again I'm questioning that position.
Well you *could* connect to the DLR which has a station next to the Marriott, but yes until Crossrail is running later at night, I would be taking a prebooked car all the way from LHR.

Unless you are paying £5.50 each for the Heathrow Express it isn't going to be cheaper, also taxis will be on Tariff 3 at midnight. Timewise both would be roughly the same - although rarely the M4 gets closed overnight for maintenance and if you hit every red light on Bath Road it takes forever...
sxpsxpsxp likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 6:31 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Question:
There used to be a promotion that Star Gold members get a free upgrade to First/Business class.
Is that still going on?
I am travelling with a non Star Gold companion. Can he join me in the cabin?
Thanks in advance.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Question:
There used to be a promotion that Star Gold members get a free upgrade to First/Business class.
Is that still going on?
I am travelling with a non Star Gold companion. Can he join me in the cabin?
Thanks in advance.
According to this link - https://www.staralliance.com/en/heathrow-express - yes
But your companion would have to pay the full fare for First/Business.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HEX Business/First class is heavily overrated.
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.