Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

i've got visa schengen

i've got visa schengen

Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:10 am
Original Poster

i've got visa schengen

i've got a polish wife , & she work in UK .
there's a chance to go visit UK with her with visa schengen , & if there's not what i have to do .

thanx indeed
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:29 am

Programs: BA,BD,VS,ANA
immigration to the uk is based on nationality, residency and reason for the visit.
The Home Office have a newish website http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/
Old Jul 17, 2008, 5:42 am

Under the EU rules regarding free movement of persons & services you are entitled to live and work in all the EU countries EXCEPT the one your wife is a citizen of - ie Poland - regardless of your actual citizenship
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:10 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I think the question is whether a Schengen-area visa will work for the U.K., and to that the answer is no, it won't. As pointed out above, the U.K. home office makes its own separate determination. You will exit the Schengen area and have to re-enter when you come back.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:58 am

Schengen and EU are NOT the same thing.

OP is married to a citizen of an EU country, therefore he has the same freedom of movement as his wife EXCEPT in Poland where he needs permission to live there.

However your wife will have to apply for an EEA Family Permit in order to be granted those rights

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoap...snationals#Q10
Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:55 am
Original Poster

another question plz : so if i've got visa schengen i have the right to move in all those countrys with no problem : Allemagne, Autriche, Belgique, Danemark, Espagne, Estonie, Finlande, France, Grèce, Hongrie, Italie, Lettonie, Lituanie, Luxembourg, Malte, Pays-Bas, Pologne, Portugal, République tchèque, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Suède + Norvège et Islande
Old Aug 14, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by kirk83
another question plz : so if i've got visa schengen i have the right to move in all those countrys with no problem : Allemagne, Autriche, Belgique, Danemark, Espagne, Estonie, Finlande, France, Grèce, Hongrie, Italie, Lettonie, Lituanie, Luxembourg, Malte, Pays-Bas, Pologne, Portugal, République tchèque, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Suède + Norvège et Islande
Well, you have the right to travel to these countries and to travel between them. You do not have the right to move there unless you have a residence permit.

As others have said, a Schengen visa does not entitle you to enter the UK. You would need a separate visa in this case.

Out of curiosity, what is your citizenship?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 6:12 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Also note that whilst travel between and within any of these countries is permitted, most Schengen visaholders are only allowed to stay in the Schengen Zone for three months out of every six months.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: SU Bonus, SK EBG, BD Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ajax
Also note that whilst travel between and within any of these countries is permitted, most Schengen visaholders are only allowed to stay in the Schengen Zone for three months out of every six months.
Not most, but all. No Schengen visa allows for stay of over 90 days in 180 days period. In cases where longer stay is required, national long-term visa or residence permit has to be acquired.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex0683de
Well, you have the right to travel to these countries and to travel between them. You do not have the right to move there unless you have a residence permit.

As others have said, a Schengen visa does not entitle you to enter the UK. You would need a separate visa in this case.

Out of curiosity, what is your citizenship?
im moroccan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.