Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Former Sticky: Please check here first: forum FAQs

Old Nov 9, 2007, 4:40 am
Original Poster

This thread links to various UK & Ireland FAQs. Please do check these first before asking questions which are already answered!

The London airports transfer FAQ - arguably the most useful thread ever posted on this forum, stut tells you everything you need to know about how to get between London and Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton and City airports, as well as Southampton and Manston Kent International (the latter of which your moderator is embarrassed to say he'd never even heard of). It really is all here - underground, overground, Wombling free.

UK airport security and carry-on restrictions - this is the most up-to-date thread on this question, although it is not written as a FAQ. If someone would like to condense the information and take on responsibility for maintaining it, that would be great.

The UK & Ireland rail FAQ - another stut masterpiece, read this first if you have any questions about rail travel in the UK & Ireland including:
The Eurostar FAQ - everything you'll need to know about travelling to Europe (ahem) sur le Euro-Etoile, courtesy of UK flyer.

Edinburgh guide - ajamieson's indispensable primer to the Northern province.

COMING SOON
  • The Oyster FAQ courtesy of ajax
  • The London dining highlights FAQ by Wingnut
PLEASE VOLUNTEER FAQs we'd like but no-one's writing
  • To FCC or not to FCC - how to change terminals at LHR
  • The Dublin guide - like the Edinburgh Guide, but with more Guinness
  • UK airport security - incorporating the carry-on bag info
  • What to do on my 2/4/6/8 hour LHR layover - incorporating pubs and restaurants within striking distance of the LHR hotels, and suggestions for how to get in and out of town and what do while you're there

Last edited by Wingnut; Nov 9, 2007 at 5:39 am
Old Dec 15, 2008, 11:11 am
Suspended

An unusual off-beat guide to Dublin which you may find helpful.

www.hidden-dublin.com/index.html
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
In addition to searching FT first, I have started to use this www.thisistheuk.org as it has some good links that I manage to lose in my bookmarks all the time. And I have gone right off Google.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:48 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Ladies & Gents, this thread has become unstuck. But in a good way. A new FAQ thread replaces it.

And let me take this opportunity to tip my hat to Wingnut for getting all of this sorted out in the first instance.

stut
UK & Ireland

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.