Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Airports transfer FAQ: LHR, LGW, LCY, LTN, STN, SOU, SEN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have used ukairportcars.co.uk before, when I had to get to work. This was before T5, and we reported outside the central airport area. I was quoted £30.

On arrival, I was asked for £40.

Although they are licensed, I hope, just exercise caution with any form of transfer provider.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
I'm using Airport Executive again this next time round (http://www.airportexecutive.co.uk/). They are charging £29 for an estate (we have a lot of bags) from the Gloucester Road tube station in South Ken.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:07 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs up www.123-taxi.co.uk

I recently used www.123-taxi.co.uk from LGW to LHR recently and was very impressed - on-time, polite and clean car. Guy was also quite tech-savvy and a good conversationalist. Competitive prices too.

They also do to / from London to all airports. Imagine they would be well-priced for this too.

Would use them again in a heartbeat.....

Last edited by JAP; Jan 29, 2009 at 4:09 pm Reason: Add pricing info
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
[QUOTE=hourami;11166636]I have used http://www.justairports.com/

I used to use justairports.com all the time but there prices kept on rising and the fast you have to book over 24 hours in advance used to be frustrating
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
addison lee is very good, always clean and on time. reliable to a fault. you do pay for it though... £75 I think to north london where i live (N5), where our useless local minicabs will meet us for a pickup for £45.

Of course, they usually aren't there when I arrive, and when I call they're only "five minutes" away. Right.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by mwalsh
I'm using Airport Executive again this next time round (http://www.airportexecutive.co.uk/). They are charging £29 for an estate (we have a lot of bags) from the Gloucester Road tube station in South Ken.
I've used these folks a fair bit for personal trips from home since getting a flyer through my door and the price is always a winner.

They are very hard to beat for trips from the west-end/W1/EC1 to Heathrow, but nothing special for LCY drop offs.

I've only had one pick-up that wasn't right on time or early, and one extremely rude/bad driver but on the whole (at that price point..) they are OK - certainly better than National Express dot-2-dot who provide a similar price but a slow ride in a shared van.

A semi-recent development is that they ask you to pay for their parking while waiting for you at Heathrow though, but if you are an IRIS-er and fast through customs its only a couple of ££.

For work trips we use LHR express cars - no idea what the cost is, but they are EXTREMELY professional and reliable - they have dedicated meet'n'greet at each terminal who are always there with a sign and will take you through to the waiting car. Good if you are worried about missing the driver after coming out of arrivals.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by stewardo
A semi-recent development is that they ask you to pay for their parking while waiting for you at Heathrow though, but if you are an IRIS-er and fast through customs its only a couple of ££.
I noticed that on the quote this time round. Thought it was a bit odd, but then thought "Oh Well". Like you said, it probably wouldn't be more than a few quid. Plus, the rates were a fair bit better - inbound is £33 plus parking this time vs. £42 in '07 - but suspect that's more to do with fuel prices than anything else.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Moving over to the UK and Ireland forum.

Prospero
Moderator: BAEC
Old Jan 30, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
Originally Posted by mwalsh
Hmmm. I've been using JustAirports or SimplyAirports for the last few years, but this company will do a run from Gloucester Road or W1 to LHR at £23, for just me and a couple of bags.

I may give them a try next month - thanks, mwalsh!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 8:02 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I booked with justairports. Decided for cash as cash is 28GBP and CC is 36GBP.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:45 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Some updates - NXEC is now East Coast, CrossCountry no longer serve Gatwick, and neither does the West London Line service, Southern run the Gatwick Express, SouthEastern high-speed services now serve St Pancras, and the Thameslink Programme means evening and weekend closures of the cross-London section of First Capital Connect Thameslink route services.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:56 am

Reading railair stops at T5 in addition to the central bus station for 1,2,3. Going to LHR it does individually stop at T5,1,2,3 in that order.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:11 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Duly updated.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:54 am

Question advice requested

Originally Posted by stut
This seems to be the most asked question on this forum, so maybe we can club together, and get a definitive thread together for advice on each of the options for the London airports, possibly to be made sticky. It's also very handy for me, as I could do with one site with all
Have a 4pm BA flight from LHR (must check bag ) and wondering what time should I leave tommorrow from St. Paul's--trying to stay as late as possible in a work meeting. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Takes 20 or so minutes from St Paul's to Paddington (Central line to Oxford Circus, Bakerloo to Paddington), 15 minutes to LHR (20 minutes if T5), and the HEX runs every 15 minutes.

I'd probably leave about 50 minutes or so before you want to be at LHR, which allows for time spent waiting for the Central, Bakerloo, and HEX trains. For me that'd mean hitting St Paul's between 1pm and 1:15pm or so, but I'm a bit conservative regarding what time I get to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.