Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW to EasyJet connection at Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:33 am
Original Poster

NW to EasyJet connection at Gatwick

Is two hours and 45 minutes enough time between a NW arrival at Gatwick and and EasyJet departure from Gatwick? Both are international flights and I will only have carryon luggage. Are they in the same terminal?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:15 pm

Plenty of time. I wouldn't worry about it whatsoever. Unless the inbound is delayed by anymore than 2 hours which is rather unlikely.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:24 pm

Hmm. I think a delay of a little under two hours might scupper things - bear in mind the OP will need to immigrate before checking in for the EZ flight. I'd say you wouldn't need to worry until you got to 75 mins late inbound.

Both airlines operate from the south terminal.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:49 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Do make sure that you have read all of EJ's check-in rules especially check-in times. Those LCC's across the pond have some ruthless check-in rules.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:53 pm

Our check-in desks close exactly 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight.

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Flying/index.html

That means checked in, not standing in the queue or even in the process of being checked in.

Don't worry unless your flight into Gatwick is delayed more than an hour. If it is run to the immigration desks to get to the head of the queue.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Of the many times I have flown into Gatwick, the only time I connected there to another international flight there was my very first time many years ago. I did not recall having to go through immigration to connect from one international flight to another. I guess not having to do that is an advantage of connecting somewhere like Amsterdam or Paris.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Carolinian
I did not recall having to go through immigration to connect from one international flight to another.
Unfortunately low cost airlines don't work that way & you have to checkin for each flight groundside which means you have to go through immigration, collect your luggage & pass through customs before finding your way to the checkin desk
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:59 am

Programs: BA
Looking at a typical month's performance a couple of months ago, Northwest arrived at Gatwick more than an hour late 8 times from Minneapolis and 4 times from Detroit. Daily flights from both so 12 flights significantly late out of 62 arrivals, that will give you some idea of the performance.

The good news about Easyjet is that they are not as "enjoying confrontation" as Ryanair are with such things. The station manager is allowed more discretion and they will often either just put you on the next flight, unless it is full, or charge a reasonable extra fare. Allowing a sensible connecting time like 2:45 and being unavoidably delayed on your inbound flight is fairly well up their discretion list. Yes they do cut exactly 30 minutes before, but they patrol the queue before closing off, again unlike Ryanair. When is your next Easyjet departure ?

As others state the only place to check in for Easyjet is out in the main terminal area. It only takes a minute to walk round there from the international arrivals gate though.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Originally Posted by Carolinian
Is two hours and 45 minutes enough time between a NW arrival at Gatwick and and EasyJet departure from Gatwick? Both are international flights and I will only have carryon luggage. Are they in the same terminal?
When you come out of arrivals walk to the right and keep going til you reach zones A and B which is where easyjet check in. You should have plenty of time unless NW are very late. The DC10,s are prone to maintenance issues sometimes, but the serious delays tend to occur from LGW rather than to it from the hub airports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.