Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accommodation in Glasgow?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Question Accommodation in Glasgow?

Anyone have a suggestion for cheap-ish accommodations in Glasgow?
Old Feb 4, 2005, 4:56 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk!

What is your definition of "cheap-ish", and what kind of accommodation are you looking for?

If you're looking for somewhere clean and comfortable (but not too luxurious) to rest your head then the Travel Inn chain may fit the bill - this link should take you to a list of Travel Inns in and around Glasgow if I got things right. The rooms are small, they come with a small bathroom, a TV and a kettle but no telephone, but if you're just looking for a place to sleep they are ideal.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 1:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Try Babbity Bowster if you want somewhere low cost but loads of character. I've attached the link from Frommers to give you more information. They have no website of their own but their service and food are good.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations...ow/H27906.html
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Well, there are 5 of us travelling - 3 adults, 1 senior, 1 child, all going back to retrace ancestors steps. If we can get away with something decent, (ie clean and safe!) for less than 100GBP per room, we'll be happy. Nothing fancy required. Thanks for the link!

What is your definition of "cheap-ish", and what kind of accommodation are you looking for?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
For £100 a night you should do very well, assuming there's no large conferences going on...

If your stay is across a weekend, you might want to check out www.malmaison.com - I think they have a special rate at £95 a night B&B, and you might also want to look at www.hilton.co.uk (not .com). They've got excellent two night rates that include dinner on the first night too, (but are seasonal, so it depends when you go). I think the promo code is PR20LD.

Would also second the earlier recommendation of Babbity Bowster. I used to live just across the road & both the staff and the patrons of the bar were very friendly...
Old Feb 10, 2005, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
For £100 a night you should do very well, assuming there's no large conferences going on...

If your stay is across a weekend, you might want to check out www.malmaison.com - I think they have a special rate at £95 a night B&B, and you might also want to look at www.hilton.co.uk (not .com). They've got excellent two night rates that include dinner on the first night too, (but are seasonal, so it depends when you go). I think the promo code is PR20LD.

Would also second the earlier recommendation of Babbity Bowster. I used to live just across the road & both the staff and the patrons of the bar were very friendly...
Malmaison is a good idea which I forgot about. It's bigger than Babbitys. Babbitys is definitely a friendly place so good also for drinks and food even if you don't stay there.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EEB
Malmaison is a good idea which I forgot about. It's bigger than Babbitys. Babbitys is definitely a friendly place so good also for drinks and food even if you don't stay there.
Although Malmaison is likley to be out of budget if not staying at a weekend....

Do you know, does Babbity's still have the petanque pitch/court out the back??
Old Feb 11, 2005, 2:44 am

Not sure I'm afraid. Last time I was there it was only for drinks and it was dark!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.