Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoyed [with HM Passport Office]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Annoyed [with HM Passport Office]

Right I'm so annoyed at the passport place !!! Even thou I'm born and bread English I never left England I'm trying to get my first passport but they want my mum n dad marriage certificate there devorce certificate my mum's births certicate and my mum's new marriage to a man who nothink to do with me being born or in my life now what's annoying me is my dad in prison for summit horrific so by the rules by law I'm not allowed near him and I don't talk to my mum or family anymore not in a good 3 years but what I don't get is there asking for all these things from my parents yet both my sister's aged 27 and 21 never needed that information when they did it even thou they got there passports 3 years ago ....... So why all of a sudden do I need to when my sister's didn't have to ??????
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

As this isn't about technical support, we will move this to the forum dealing with <U.K. and Ireland> issues, such as securing a passport.

/Moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 28, 2017 at 4:58 pm Reason: Actually, the U.K. and Ireland forum is the better place for this question
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There are a number of issues here.

The rules on what evidence people need to supply change regularly so wht your older sisters had to provide are not always of relevance.

The rules on a renewal are different from a first application - which I assume this is.

How old are you?

Being born in England does not automatically mean you are a British Citizen and thus qualify for a UK passport.

You can apply from the Registrar General for certified copies of birth and marriage certificates without contacting your family.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult...-you-must-send
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
And, as a general tip in dealing with the Passport Office, it will work better if you communicate clearly and succinctly and avoid incoherent rants.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I can see where this thread will go...
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:07 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
...so let's not let it go there!

Some good advice on here about how to obtain certificates independently of the people involved, how to communicate with HMPO (never underestimate their ability to make things difficult for you - just watching with how they deal with the bizarrely dehumanising queuing system at Peterborough will demonstrate this to you) and how the rules are changing over time, and with people's age.

Keep it coming.

stut
UK & Ireland
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:07 am

It's the way things are, I found out the hard way when applying for a UK passport for my son that I needed a whole bunch of evidence to prove my UK citizenship so my son (born outside the UK) could get his passport. Took about 6 months for the first one, and 2 weeks for the second one (I provided more information that required and it worked fine!).
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:15 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I don't think anything can beat this unfortunate man's experience: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-41101051

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.