Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refusal stamp in my passport. HELP,,,

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Refusal stamp in my passport. HELP,,,

In February I got a refusal stamp in my passport on my layover into Bristol UK because the immagration officer thought I was coming in to Britain to work illegally. I'm in a long distance relationship and the December before I was there for 2 weeks visiting my boyfriend and not but 2 months later I'm coming back to stay for a month. I got a refusal stamp and was going to be sent home to Chicago. My boyfriend called up immigration at Dublin airport and Bristo airport and arranged to have me flown to Bristol to explain our situation to the U.K. Immigration officer. I got a refusal stamp from Ireland but the U.K. granted me entry. On my return flight I wasn't told I wasn't allowed to transition to the U.K. through Ireland again. The whole situation was a misunderstanding but I'm unsure as to how I'm supposed to go about appealing the decision to not let me transition through Ireland. In the meantime I was going to transition to the U.K. through other countries or just fly in directly. Will my refusal stamp from Ireland affect me traveling to the U.K. via other countries? Will I need a visa to travel to the U.K. From other countries?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SarahW124
In February I got a refusal stamp in my passport on my layover into Bristol UK because the immagration officer thought I was coming in to Britain to work illegally. I'm in a long distance relationship and the December before I was there for 2 weeks visiting my boyfriend and not but 2 months later I'm coming back to stay for a month. I got a refusal stamp and was going to be sent home to Chicago. My boyfriend called up immigration at Dublin airport and Bristo airport and arranged to have me flown to Bristol to explain our situation to the U.K. Immigration officer. I got a refusal stamp from Ireland but the U.K. granted me entry. On my return flight I wasn't told I wasn't allowed to transition to the U.K. through Ireland again. The whole situation was a misunderstanding but I'm unsure as to how I'm supposed to go about appealing the decision to not let me transition through Ireland. In the meantime I was going to transition to the U.K. through other countries or just fly in directly. Will my refusal stamp from Ireland affect me traveling to the U.K. via other countries? Will I need a visa to travel to the U.K. From other countries?
You could try to get the Irish authorities to issue you a visa for next time you want to go via or to Ireland and or the UK-Ireland CTA. The other option is to avoid flying via Ireland to the UK with your entry into the UK stamp (issued after the Irish refusal stamp) and try to see how it goes. The Schengen countries generally won't make an issue of such Irish stamps so if you transit to the UK via the Schengen countries, and you'll likely be fine; but your situation for future trips may even be marginally improved further if you get a new passport. Once you have a country refuse you entry, the odds of future problems don't uniformly decline when dealing with the country that gave you problems.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
There are plenty of non stop flights from Chicago to London, and getting to Bristol from London is easy. Just do that until you get a new passport.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
There are plenty of non stop flights from Chicago to London, and getting to Bristol from London is easy. Just do that until you get a new passport.
... or a new boyfriend
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:24 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

...or you could "lose" your passport and get a new one right now.
BDLORD likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
...or you could "lose" your passport and get a new one right now.
Bad idea, as ending up with a passport in Interpol's LSTD database can be a problem.

No need to "lose" a US passport in order to get a new US passport. Just apply for a renewal with a new photo that you like better.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Smile

put it in the washing machine by accident!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BDLORD
put it in the washing machine by accident!
A US passport need not be found damaged in order to get it replaced long before its expiration date.

"I don't like the passport issue month, so I want a passport with a different month in it." That works when paying for it.
BDLORD likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
A US passport need not be found damaged in order to get it replaced long before its expiration date.

"I don't like the passport issue month, so I want a passport with a different month in it." That works when paying for it.
The best and fastest reason is that you got a new haircut and the old photo doesn't look like you.... to be honest, the passport agency doesn't give a rat's [rear end] why you want a new passport, just as long as you pay the correct passport fee and have all the forms filled out correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.