Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

DO they give out clear plastic liquid bags at Heathrow airport before security?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:43 am
Original Poster

I am having trouble finding a good sized clear plastic bag, they have writing on them or are too small or too big- plus I don't want to take chances on bringing the wrong kind of bag. So do they either sell or give out these bags at the airport (heathrow airport - terminal 5)?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by PallyLa
I am having trouble finding a good sized clear plastic bag, they have writing on them or are too small or too big- plus I don't want to take chances on bringing the wrong kind of bag. So do they either sell or give out these bags at the airport (heathrow airport - terminal 5)?
When traveling via United (T-2 Star Track Security) at LHR, they repacked my liquids a few weeks back in a very nice compliant bag with handle.. Was blown away how nicely they handled the situation..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 5, 2017 at 6:23 am
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Plastic sandwich bags are a dime a dozen at a supermarket. Dont panic.

​​​​​​
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
LHR T5 had them for free -- after "conformance" to get to the screening stations -- just a few days ago.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies guys!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks for all the replies guys!
I forgot to say: Welcome to Flyertalk! Safe Travels
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:36 am

Yep should be available at T5, usually found before you scan your boarding pass at the entry to the secure area.

If using the OWE/First security entry, they are after your boarding pass is scanned and close to the x-rays.

Last edited by Aus_Mal; Jul 5, 2017 at 10:33 am
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
When traveling via United (T-2 Star Track Security) at LHR, they repacked my liquids a few weeks back in a very nice compliant bag with handle.. Was blown away how nicely they handled the situation..
Yep they also have a bunch of compliant bags available right before the main, non-Star Gold security entrance in T2. Impossible to miss, it's the main chute and they have a bunch of bins to throw away liquids that are too big, the free bags, and racks to hold your luggage while you are putting stuff into your liquid bag.

They are quite nice and last time I was in Europe they easily lasted the whole trip which was very useful (GE/TSA Pre in the US so never pack in plastic bags domestically anymore).
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk PallyLa.

Please follow the redirect as we move your thread.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
If you're UK based and want peace of mind, you can buy 'official' liquid bags on eBay for 99p for 5. Free delivery.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Skatering
If you're UK based and want peace of mind, you can buy 'official' liquid bags on eBay for 99p for 5. Free delivery.
But there is absolutely no need for this if traveling from LHR - they are free and readily available at all terminals right before security.

Some other UK airports such as LTN do charge for them, however.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I use ziplock type sandwich bag which I get from poundland. They do have a small opaque panel but that's never been an issue as over 90% of the bag is still clear.

Never had any real problems using them at security at various airports - including the US. And the one time I did I simply put my bag inside the one they insisted I should use.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:35 am
Original Poster

ahh thank you guys, I will just pack them in a bag now and then pick up the ones from heathrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.