Wiki Posts
Search

Lunch in Dublin in a three hour window

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Lunch in Dublin in a three hour window

Any chance someone has a recommendation for a good place to get lunch in or around Dublin?

There are some limitations: It's less than a day trip to Dublin. From the time I leave Dublin airport on arrival to the time I need to set foot back inside it to return home, I have three hours. Maybe less if my outbound flight into Dublin is delayed. So in those three hours I need to get to this place, sit down, order, be served, eat, get out and get back to the airport.

From what I remember of Dublin it’s a 25min+ car journey from the airport to the city centre, so I’m thinking that’s not really a smart choice. I wonder whether there’s anything recommended as good that’s closer to the airport.

TIA.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Malahide.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Brilliant - looks just the ticket!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by henry999
Malahide.
Seconded. Easy cab or Uber ride from and to the airport. Small, walkable town with a number of really good dining options plus you might be able to take a brief walk along the water after lunch to stretch your legs.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A pub lunch would be faster than a formal restaurant.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Malahide is a good suggestion for handiest to DUB. Gibney's is a decent spot for lunch. Typical Irish pub menu, reasonable prices and they've a great selection of Irish beers too.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:10 pm

Howth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.