Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Coffee shops in London

Coffee shops in London

Old May 2, 2017, 5:12 am

What I'll really need is something pretty strong when I arrive from my TATL. I'm thinking a double espresso or even a triple. Since I'll arrive at LHR, T3, there has to be a coffee shop somewhere.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:29 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Caffe Nero is there in landside arrivals, and they'll sell you a very strong, dark espresso.

There's also Giraffe, but I find their stuff borderline undrinkable.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by jedikiah
Le Signore in Palace Street (Victoria) is a bit of a relic of the past in many ways - there used to be many more of these tiny Italian snack bar places. Caters equally to people in Savile Row suits and hi vis vests. Not one for crossing town for; just a suggestion if you are in the area.
I really love these shops. When I studied in London in the latter half of the 90's still plenty around but getting fewer with every year.

Equally miss the old school sandwich shops: Wonderful, cliche Englishness at its very best. Sigh...
Old May 3, 2017, 2:04 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Oh yes. Italian deli, chicken escalope sandwich, coffee. My early days of working in London.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stut
Oh yes. Italian deli, chicken escalope sandwich, coffee. My early days of working in London.
Have one 5mins from my desk. The coffee is meh but the sandwiches are lifesavers. And yes another fading part of London.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Buster
My husband and I like The Department of Coffee mini-chain. There are a few in touristy areas (Covent Garden, Carnaby Street, Piccadilly) as well as some non-touristy areas.
+1 from me. They are our in house coffee shop in our offices in the West End and Canary Wharf. The only coffee I can drink without sugar as it's balanced just right. Yum. Also the owners must be Australian or Kiwis as the flat whites are perfect and lamingtons are on sale daily. Anzac biscuits last week obviously!
Old May 7, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
Any good coffee or tea shops in Kings Cross area? I'm staying st the HUB Premier KX, soon to open.
Kiosk or Caravan for coffee. I'm not sure if it's still there, but a couple of years ago there was a little mobile food truck that did coffee parked in front of KX tube station.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:32 am

Kiosk or Caravan for coffee. I'm not sure if it's still there, but a couple of years ago there was a little mobile food truck that did coffee parked in front of KX tube station.
Just remembered...for tea, there is a Fortnum & Mason at St. Pancras train station.
Old May 7, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Speaking of Afternoon Tea, the tea at Fortnum and Mason is at the Diamond Jubilee near Picadilly ?

That is supposed to be quite good?

Thanks!

Just remembered...for tea, there is a Fortnum & Mason at St. Pancras train station.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.