0655: Arrive at Border Control queue
0720: Clear Border Control
0730: Get luggage
0745: Board Piccadilly line
0830: Arrive Covent Garden
0845: Get to Savoy
0915: Finish shower and leave Savoy
0940: Get to Canary Wharf
Whilst the minute-to-minute timings look reasonable, the end result of 1h25m from scheduled arrival time to leaving on the Piccadilly line is very generous, and i'm sure that those times can be improved on in practice.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Possibly. But have you seen the security lines at T3 in the mornings sometimes? For non-EU they sometimes go up the ramp. A few months ago a friend took over an hour for what I have given 25 minutes.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Possibly. But have you seen the security lines at T3 in the mornings sometimes? For non-EU they sometimes go up the ramp. A few months ago a friend took over an hour for what I have given 25 minutes.
From door opened to feet inside my hotel room, I did it in 1h25m (7:55am). With Fast Track and hustling up/down stairs and walking quickly, I got through immigration and customs in under 10 minutes.

So yes...it can be done.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I know that "your experiences may differ" but I am arriving VS next Wednesday at 7:20AM with a US Passport. I am trying to arrange for a car and I need to specify a pick up time, I was thinking 9:00AM, does that time (1:40) seem reasonable for customs and immigration?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fwfdan
I know that "your experiences may differ" but I am arriving VS next Wednesday at 7:20AM with a US Passport. I am trying to arrange for a car and I need to specify a pick up time, I was thinking 9:00AM, does that time (1:40) seem reasonable for customs and immigration?
As was said above, customs is a walk-through unless you have something to declare so the unknown besides a flight delay is the immigration line. Assuming you don't have Fast Track, the line could take 10 minutes if you're one of the first to deplane and no big flight is in front of you or it could take 2 hours. I've experienced both arriving at that time.

Tell the car service the flight information; they've done this before.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by Analise
As was said above, customs is a walk-through unless you have something to declare so the unknown besides a flight delay is the immigration line. Assuming you don't have Fast Track, the line could take 10 minutes if you're one of the first to deplane and no big flight is in front of you or it could take 2 hours. I've experienced both arriving at that time.

Tell the car service the flight information; they've done this before.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. The form for the service says they monitor the flight, so if the arrival time changes it is good, but not sure about the wait for immigration.... I think I will just ask for 1:40 and they allow an additional 40 no charge. I need to get cash anyhow...
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. The form for the service says they monitor the flight, so if the arrival time changes it is good, but not sure about the wait for immigration.... I think I will just ask for 1:40 and they allow an additional 40 no charge. I need to get cash anyhow...
It's entirely possible for EU nationals to get snarled up in extended immigration lines, so car services are fully used to border-based delays.

I'd just give them the flight number and tell them you're a non-EU citizen, if it were me. The rest is on them.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Skatering
It's entirely possible for EU nationals to get snarled up in extended immigration lines, so car services are fully used to border-based delays.

I'd just give them the flight number and tell them you're a non-EU citizen, if it were me. The rest is on them.
Thanks. I did tell them the flight number, arrival time and that I was a US passport holder. They allow 40 minutes wait no charge but also ask how much extra you want....

It is a company that FT members recommend so I am pretty sure it will not be a problem.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
When I was in the UK recently the walk to passport control at T2 was longer than the wait to talk to an officer (which itself took longer than I thought it would, but that's a different story). I got to take advantage of Fast Track that trip though.

Judging by how few people picked up their bags by the time I found mine, I suspect the "normal" line was much longer of a wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.