New chain hotel in Bedford?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat

I'm currently staying at the Park Inn hotel in Bedford (Club Carlson), which I believe it basically the only chain hotel in the town. (There's a HIE on the edge, which I'm not really counting)

Over the road from the hotel has recently appeared a building site. I overhead another guest asking the staff about "the new hotel opposite", to which the reply was "we've been told we're not allowed to talk about it"

A quick google only seemed to mention new hotels in other places round the work called Bedford, or elsewhere in the world on Bedford Squares or the like...

Anyone know / able to google better to find out what this new hotel might be, and especially what chain it might be joining?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:50 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Think it's a Premier Inn - part of the Riverside North development (although I've a feeling that was more round by the Harpur Centre...)
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
You can see the Premier Inn from some of the upper rooms of the Park Inn - it's over the river and over towards the station, maybe 300m away? (It looks quite a bit nicer than the Park Inn on the outside!) The building sites are all in around the St Johns / Kingsway triangle.

That said, it might just be that those'll be flats, and they were talking about the Premier Inn...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.