Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Garden, London

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Sky Garden, London

Any suggestions about which restaurant? Views better during lunch or dinner? Will be making reservations soon for early April trip.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:43 am

Best to go around sunset so you get day and night views. Weather dependent of course.

I've only had drinks there so can't comment on the restaurants. I would say though that Duck and Waffle and particularly Sushi Samba, at the Heron just up the road, are both great with stunning views so do consider those instead if you haven't been already.

Note there is airport style security at the Sky Garden which I find rather oppressive, but there you go.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Sunset is definitely a good time. The best views are from the bar rather than the restaurants though - so I'd just look at the menus and decide which you prefer. There are no guarantees of getting a seat close to the windows of the restaurant, but worth asking when you book. Just make sure you leave enough time before and/or after to have a few drinks in the bar and a good look all the way round.

Views are definitely better from the Sky Garden than Sushi Samba and Duck and Waffle, although they probably have better food. The security literally involves putting your bag through an airport-style scanner and isn't much of a big deal. Just remember that if you have a reservation you can generally walk past the queue - there's usually someone working at the door so just mention to them that you have a reservation and they'll generally direct you straight to security.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I was invited there for an awards reception, but refused to submit to security so did not go in as I believe it violated my right to privacy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.