Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Connecting via LHR (Lis-lhr-sfo) Feb 2017

Connecting via LHR (Lis-lhr-sfo) Feb 2017

Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
LIS-LHR-SFO

Ha! Ha! No it was the New York Times, actually there have been several articles about the timing and the EU reaction will not be sympathetic (This Fall negotiations will start, Brexit folks vastly under-estimated the economic impact of the move, and Hollande's recent speech promoting a hard and swift stance toward the UK appears representative of the EU position).
There were articles/columns over last weekend as well as several before that. I believe your own PM has cautioned much of the same.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by pbh220
Ha! Ha! No it was the New York Times, actually there have been several articles about the timing and the EU reaction will not be sympathetic (This Fall negotiations will start)
Nobody's going to negotiate anything until May runs into Brussels and opens the Article 50 briefcase, which she's not doing this year
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by pbh220
Ha! Ha! No it was the New York Times, actually there have been several articles about the timing and the EU reaction will not be sympathetic (This Fall negotiations will start, Brexit folks vastly under-estimated the economic impact of the move, and Hollande's recent speech promoting a hard and swift stance toward the UK appears representative of the EU position).
There were articles/columns over last weekend as well as several before that. I believe your own PM has cautioned much of the same.
I'm sure there are lots of speculative and no doubt some rather misinformed articles on Brexit all over the place.

You can rest assured that - currency fluctuations aside - it will have zero effect on your February trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.