Wiki Posts
Search

Spas near Paddington?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Flying Club
Spas near Paddington?

I have a trip out to SAN in mid-October, and wouldn't mind booking a massage on the way through London (no status so unable to use the Elemis facilities at T5) .

I live in Bristol, so GWR+HEX to LHR is pretty straightforward and I wouldn't want to stray too far from Paddington - say a rough square between Royal Oak, Bayswater, Marble Arch and Edgware Road - I'll be leaving my luggage in the Excess Baggage Co branch at Paddington.

Secondary question - is a massage advisable 4 hours before an 11-hour flight in Y? I've been pretty out of it after previous massages! If not, I'll combine it with the return leg, which is WT+ via LAX - on balance that will likely be the nicer flight so will be a nice way to end the trip!

So, If anyone knows of anything decent places, a tip would be hugely appreciated!

Last edited by CraigWatson; Sep 21, 2016 at 6:02 am
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
The Hilton at the Paddington station might be worth looking at? Dont know if they have a spa?

PS Make sure you find one near Paddington, not Kings Cross
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Thread-shifted from the BA forum.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
The Hilton at the Paddington station might be worth looking at? Dont know if they have a spa?

PS Make sure you find one near Paddington, not Kings Cross
Interesting thought, will check that out - wasn't sure if hotel spas are for guests only

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Thread-shifted from the BA forum.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Cheers and apologies ^
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Most hotel spas are open to the public if you book a treatment. You do not normally have to be a guest staying at the hotel.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There is nothing wrong with having massage prior to a flight.

Both BA and VS offer them in their spas for example.

There is a pay to use spa in T5B - the 'Be relax' spa. That might be an option.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:11 am

Depends on how much you want to splash out. There are lots of hotels not far from Paddington that will give you what you need. Take a look at this one: http://www.montcalm.co.uk/wellness-403.html

However, if you're after a shorter massage rather than a 'spa package'/treatment then maybe avoid the luxury hotels and search for a spa that's more of a shop front.

Personally speaking I wouldn't bother with a treatment at that stage of the journey. Might be more relaxing to get to Heathrow early and get a pre-booked treatment at one of the many hotels nearby, or pay for one in the terminal once through.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: BA
You could try The Refinery - it's in Brook Street so not too far away (given you plan to leave luggage at Paddington). I've been there before and it's been pretty good.

Last edited by expatboy; Sep 26, 2016 at 7:11 am Reason: Punctuation
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I was offered a special massage while stood on the front doorstep of the Hilton one morning. If you hang around Praed Street long enough you might get similarly lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.