Search

Good travel Insurance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Good travel Insurance

As the title says I am looking for a good level of cover for an annual family policy for UK residents.

Recently we were checked in for a flight at HKT only to be told at BKK that the connection was cancelled due to bad weather leaving us stranded at BKK airside. Had to pay £150 x 2 for hotel rooms at the airport which my Travel Insurance did not cover. The airline stuck their hands up saying it was weather related cancellation so beyond their control. Looking for a level of cover that would cover this sort of situations too.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:33 pm
Suspended

These may give you some help.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ins...avel-insurance
www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance/
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Clint Bint
Cheers.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seems LV is the best. Anyone have any experience with Amex travel insurance as that is cheaper then LV which is £170
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:33 am
formerly known as ravishah

We have LV and they were great when we lost our passports and other items - really quick and helpful submitted the police report when we got back paid my excess of £50 (x2 as passports have their own) and then got everything back.

Amex is also rated pretty highly by a number of people I work with - but I don't have any personal exp of them.

Last edited by rollingdeep; Aug 18, 2016 at 6:34 am Reason: so it makes sense!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rollingdeep
We have LV and they were great when we lost our passports and other items - really quick and helpful submitted the police report when we got back paid my excess of £50 (x2 as passports have their own) and then got everything back.

Amex is also rated pretty highly by a number of people I work with - but I don't have any personal exp of them.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.