Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best UK airport to fly into.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
EDI is a breeze to fly into and immigration doesn't take long. If you fly into LHR and take a domestic connection you will go into the domestic transfer immigration line which never has more then 10-15 people.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
The best is probably something like Biggin Hill or Fanborough, but I guess the OP might want to limit it to scheduled flights... For a nice flight + speedy trip from runway to exit (getting to gate, getting off, immigration, bag claim and getting out), you can't beat BA2 / BA4 from JFK into LCY (London City). You'd probably want to book it with Avios, as other than part of an ex-EU flight (not much help for starting in the US and wanting an easy trip to the UK only!), it's rather pricy
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:38 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
If it's that spread around, I'd fly into wherever is most convenient in terms of balance between flight time and cost.

Immigration times at somewhere like LHR will be consistently long for a non-EU/EEA citizen, lessened with fast track. Some airports will be much more efficient (like LCY) but the regional airports will be unpredictable. The smaller ones don't necessarily have dedicated non-EU/EEA lines (at least, not ones that are manned all day) so you may find yourself waiting until the other passengers have been processed before they get to you. Which may take a while if there are half a dozen LCC flights in from bucket-and-spade destinations all at once...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.