Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Heathrow "Boutique"

Heathrow "Boutique"

Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Heathrow "Boutique"

Has anyone used this service before? Apparently, you can reserve items in a lot of shops in Heathrow and pick them up before you fly. Doesn't seem to be any charge for it, but there must be a downside I'm not seeing.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:00 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
There may not be a charge but, apart from maybe shaving gel in Boots, there's little I've seen on sale at Heathrow that doesn't attract a healthy markup.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:12 am
Original Poster

True although I have my eye on a camera in Dixon's Travel that is proving impossible to get elsewhere. Gotta be worth a shot, I guess, but I have visions of a disinterested shop assistant trying to rummage in the back for 'my order' while they call last boarding on my flight...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by psychokilla
... I guess, but I have visions of a disinterested shop assistant trying to rummage in the back for 'my order' while they call last boarding on my flight...
You could say the same about any sort of 'click and collect' service.

My local Waitrose does click and collect for John Lewis and the staff have to go to the store room to get the packages (they don't keep them at the service desk) so wherever you go you'll always have to wait a couple of minutes.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
THe 'collect on return' service could be an option - depending on your travel plans of course
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:22 am
Original Poster

I'm flying ORK-LHR-ORK, so will only be in T2 arrivals on way over. I'll probably give it a go for the return journey, just in case it's something they have to 'get in' from one of their other branches. At least that way, I can allow a bit of extra time on getting to LHR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.