Wiki Posts
Search

Passport nightmare please help xx

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Passport nightmare please help xx

Hello all thanks for reading,

I applied for my sons first passport back in May, he's 3 and has family abroad and one of them is unfortunately passing away so we booked a trip for beginning of August so she could meet him before she passed,

I filled in all the passport form correctly used check and send everything seemed fine.

6 weeks later no passport so I contact the passport office they've said they had written to the counter signer but the counter signer hadn't responded (she didn't get a letter) so they sent her another one she sent off the response on Monday first class but the passport office havnt received it! They said they will send her out another one but I'm travelling in two weeks there's no way it will be here in time!

Could it still turn up at the passport office do you think? She sent it Monday am I bring to over zealous to assume it would have arrived and been processed on the system already? Any advice would be appreciated as I'm panicking X thank you
Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There is a lot of detail missing from your post.

Is this a UK Passport? if so contact your MP.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Can you not just book an emergency appointment and get one on the same day?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Best to get in touch with them for an update.
Worst case scenario might be you having to make an appointment to turn up in person and get the passport issued the same day....usually a few hours later. There is a fast track charge but it's worth paying.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Can you not just book an emergency appointment and get one on the same day?
One day service is not available for a first child passport although the one week service is

OP: According to the UK passport info online, "If you’ve already applied for a passport, you may be able to upgrade an existing passport application in exceptional circumstances" ie from a standard application to a fast track one.

I'd give them a call on 0300 222 0000 and see if they can help. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted in time
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by britenbsas
One day service is not available for a first child passport although the one week service is
Still enough time...unless there are some odd extenuating circumstances this should not be a problem.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:03 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
All,

Have deleted a number of off-topic posts. Please do keep the conversation to the topic in hand - this resource is still useful for posters other than the OP.

stut
UK & Ireland
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Well, although we have not heard back from the OP the problem must have been solved as the OP has posted in another thread that the family are off to Cyprus on Thursday. Although the other thread now talks of the OP's own passport being damaged ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.