Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Where can I find...? When you know the information must be here, but can't find it)

Where can I find...? When you know the information must be here, but can't find it)

Old May 18, 2016, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by henkybaby
I have a runner's injury,
Who was trying to get away from you?
Old May 21, 2016, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I have contactless payment on my bank card (for which you have to almost press it against the machine, so what's in a name....) as well as my MasterCard. And now I am intrigued enough to try it. I need to be dragged kicking and screaming into this century.
Without my Oyster, I needed to buy ticketed access to the tube at LHR. The ticket bloke rolled his eyes in that friendly way they have and said "don't you have a contactless card?".

Of course I have. So that was my portal to the 21st century ...
Old May 21, 2016, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by E14 26C
Dlr direct to bank, then up a few stairs (or up an escalator and down a few seps) to the Northern line north to Moorgate, then it's a gentle flat walk around to the brewery
I agree with this. The DLR goes direct to Bank station from City Airport, taking approx. 20 minutes. It's then a short connection to the Northern Line (hint, to make it marginally easier, stay near to the rear of the DLR train for your connection at Bank, onto Moorgate). There are a few stairs at Bank for the connection but nothing bad, i.e. two flights of stairs to go up. The hotel is barely 5 minutes' walk from Moorgate station.

I don't know what your non-work plans are but you are handily close to Shoreditch if you want slightly nicer and more interesting (IMHO) options for drinking/eating/etc than staying in the City itself.
Old May 21, 2016, 2:21 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
With luggage, it's arguably easier to catch one of the many buses from Bank up to Finsbury Square. The DLR has lifts to the surface. This brings you out into an obscure arch in the Starbucks building in King William Street.

There is a bus stop across the road to your left, from where all buses except the 133 will take you to Finsbury Square. Contactless is accepted on buses too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.