Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 2 to Terminal 4 transfer at LHR

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2016, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Terminal 2 to Terminal 4 transfer at LHR

Hello. I am taking a trip to Oslo this week, but am staying a night in London at the airport the first night. I am staying at the Hilton at T4, but arrive on UA at T2. It appears there is a train between T2 and T4 and that it'll take about 20 minutes. Is there good signage to this train in T2? Is the train located right past customs/immigration? I go back to T2 the next day, so I just want to make sure it's easy between the two. Thanks in advance!
Old May 7, 2016, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by UAL250
Hello. I am taking a trip to Oslo this week, but am staying a night in London at the airport the first night. I am staying at the Hilton at T4, but arrive on UA at T2. It appears there is a train between T2 and T4 and that it'll take about 20 minutes. Is there good signage to this train in T2? Is the train located right past customs/immigration? I go back to T2 the next day, so I just want to make sure it's easy between the two. Thanks in advance!
The best connection is via the Heathrow Express (no charge and no ticket needed).

Look for the signs once you are in the Arrivals area. There will be a short walk to the train - rolling carts are available.

Arriving at T4 there is a walkway to the Hilton.

Simply reverse the process when ready to go back to T2.
Old May 7, 2016, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Once you've exited customs in T2 and are in the landside arrivals hall, follow the signs for the Heathrow Express (HEx). You will exit into the courtyard area outside T2, and take the lifts to subway level. Once in the subway, it's a 5 minute walk to the HEx station. Once in the HEx station, take the lifts down to platform level and look at the displays to see which platform to take the free transfer train to T4 from.

Arriving at the T4 station, follow the signs for Departures. You will take the lift to the top floor. After exiting the lift, turn immediately right and walk down the link bridge to the Hilton (it's about a 5 minute walk along the bridge).
Old May 7, 2016, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Thank you guys so much for the great instructions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.