2for1 offer in in may?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2for1 offer in in may?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by rollingdeep
Do you know which leaflet - given I am passing through a number of stations tomorrow I am happy to pick one up and send it over to the OP.
The current booklet (it's more substantive than just a 'leaflet'), like the website, only features offers up to the end of this month (April 2016), that's the point of this thread!

What is desired is the new booklet of offers for the summer season, and that will arrive in good time, i.e. at the end of this month or very beginning of the next - the website will also be updated at this time.

The booklet and other promotional material all feature the '2FOR1' logo prominently.

It is worth bearing in mind that these offers are aimed at UK visitors, to encourage them to both visit the featured London attractions and to travel to London by train. Of course, anyone is welcome to take advantage of them.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Can I point out that there are also 2:1 offers (also involving having to travel by train) for elsewhere in the UK including

Brighton - e.g. Royal Pavilion, Sea Life Centre
Manchester - Man United tour, Legoland
Scotland - Edinburgh Dungeon

https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/uk-days-out
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Can I point out that there are also 2:1 offers (also involving having to travel by train) for elsewhere in the UK [...]
Please do, and do excuse my Londoncentricity!

Also Liverpool and Birmingham (and some wider West Midlands offers too).

My only excuse for not mentioning the others is that the 2FOR1 offers have been running longest and are very well established in the Great Wen.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 31570324
Would be great if someone would send me one voucher ^
Anyone could tell me where we can buy one of the Kellog's packages with 2for1 voucher, when we arrive in London, please? May someone saw them anywhere in a supermarket.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:28 am
formerly known as ravishah

Hello - you can get a cereal packet in all supermarkets. The voucher is on the side - if I see it next time I go shopping I will take a pic.

I did look for the leaflet in Paddington but as mentioned it was the one that expired at the end of April. Will check to see if they have the new one next week.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by 31570324
Anyone could tell me where we can buy one of the Kellog's packages with 2for1 voucher, when we arrive in London, please? May someone saw them anywhere in a supermarket.
Confusingly the current promotion on Kellogg's cereal boxes is actually called "Grown Ups Go Free", however on checking the promotion's webpage it says...

Either cut out a voucher from one of our promotional packs to receive one free adult entry for one child or adult ticket purchased. [...]
(My bolding and italics!)

Easy enough to miss, given the name of the promotion!

Note you can also book tickets to attractions online in advance with the code from the voucher.

However it is well worth noting that the range of attractions on offer in London is limited - Madame Tussauds, The Dungeons, Shrek’s Adventure! (?), and the London Eye (though for the London Eye, only up to 27 May 2016 - otherwise the vouchers are valid up to the end of June 2017).

In other words, this is not remotely the same as the rail ticket '2 for 1' offer.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 2 for 1 website has been updated.

London Eye included up until 24th July 2016 and the Tower until October (excluding 16th July- 4th September)
Old Apr 22, 2016, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The 2 for 1 website has been updated.

London Eye included up until 24th July 2016 and the Tower until October (excluding 16th July- 4th September)
^ Perfect, thank you.
Someone nice has send me a Kelloggs promotion code, so I can buy the 2for1 ticket online without a train ticket for £24.95.
There is a discount for Tower of London tickets at 365tickets.co.uk (£18.80 adult, £14.75 student). As my wife is a student, we have to pay £33.55 at all. With the dayoutguide 2for1 tickets it would be £25 + train tickets. So it almost doesn't matter if we use this promotion or not, we would just be more flexible.
Is this website right, a train ticket from Queenstown Rd to Vauxhall costs £2.30 and will be qualified for the daysoutguide promotion? I know we could get a Travelcard, but it would set us backt £12/day each, while paying the Metro with a contactless creditcard would end in paying just £6/day each?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:21 pm

Old thread but the promotions are still valid. Are visiting London from overseas and wonder if someone is able to share a Kelloggs 2-4-1 code? Would be grateful for this gesture, not having to spend time to hunt cereals at a supermarket.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:25 pm

I'm trying to look for info for the 2 for 1 offer via nationalrail. There's 4 of us, I signed 2 of us up to get the code. My next question is, do they sell a daily railcard at the station? I was looking on the site and they have a family version for 4 adults, for 30 GBP good for 1 year, is that the only option now? Also, would this work for the 2 for 1, for the 4 of us?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Railcards in the UK are mostly sold for 1 year, a few also have a 3 year option

If you're travelling with at least 1 child under 16, a Family & Friends railcard is probably the one to go for. Requires a minimum of 1 child on each journey though. https://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/

If you're only travelling in the South East (ish) of England, roughly within about 90 minutes of London, and have no children with you, a Network Railcard is likely the best option. Covers up to 4 adults as long as the railcard holder is always travelling - https://www.network-railcard.co.uk/
Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you give us some examples of the rail routes you are looking for we can give you more tailored advice on which rail card / other discounts such as group save / regional rail offer will serve you best.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by johanfbg
Old thread but the promotions are still valid. Are visiting London from overseas and wonder if someone is able to share a Kelloggs 2-4-1 code? Would be grateful for this gesture, not having to spend time to hunt cereals at a supermarket.
The Kelloggs 2-for-1 offer is running to 30 June, details here: https://www.kelloggs.co.uk/en_GB/off...upsgofree.html

Hopefully someone will be able to share a code with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.