Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

London Lutin Airport (LTN) arrival: how long from gate to airport exit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free

I'm booking a bus from LTN to London - how much time should I allow between my flight's scheduled arrival and the bus's departure time?

I'm arriving at 7:30 in the morning on a Saturday.

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Will you have checked luggage and do you have a passport that would entitle you to use the e-gates?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:34 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
It'll be very quiet.

What's the airline, will you have luggage, is it international and if so, do you have an EU/EEA passport?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:37 am

I can only tell you that I am constantly at LTN picking up relatives on those Ryanair flights and it usually takes them about 20 to 30 minutes once the plane has landed to exit the terminal and meet me in the pick up point. It has on occasion taken much longer, on the order of an hour. This is all based on no luggage and UK/EU arrival queue.

Were it me, I wouldn't schedule a bus sooner than an hour after my planned arrival just to be on the safe side.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:44 am

At the other end of the scale, arriving on FR from CPH, row 1, no bags, EU passport (no chip), it's never taken me more than 10 minutes to reach the local bus stop.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:52 am

Also, FWIW, the Arriva 757 now has a flexible Ł10 fare, andba few handy stops by the tube on the way in.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Thanks for the replies! I booked a bus 50min from arrival to be safe, since, even though it's offpeak, I'll have to go through the longer immigration line (international flight, not citizen of EU/EEA/CH).

I booked with National Express for this trip (GBP12 non-flexible), but I might try the Arriva bus next time I fly into LTN--having a flexible bus ticket seems really appealing.

Last edited by davidvc; Apr 7, 2016 at 4:53 am Reason: concision
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:01 am

If you're early, there's a coffee shop at arrivals (although there's a much better one at departures across the forecourt) and it's not a terrible place to wait. There's also a Marks & Spencer food shop if you need to stock up on anything.

Do be prepared for it being a construction site, particularly after you exit arrivals. There is a temporary bus station, with relatively little shelter.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by davidvc
Thanks for the replies! I booked a bus 50min from arrival to be safe, since, even though it's offpeak, I'll have to go through the longer immigration line (international flight, not citizen of EU/EEA/CH).

I booked with National Express for this trip (GBP12 non-flexible), but I might try the Arriva bus next time I fly into LTN--having a flexible bus ticket seems really appealing.
A flexible ticket means you have no seat reserved on the bus: so you might as well rock up ticketless and take pot luck on the first available service. It will take some of the pressure and anxiety from your shoulders as you wait to be processed by the border folk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.