Wiki Posts
Search

How do pay and display parking lots work -Windsor

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
How do pay and display parking lots work -Windsor

I'll be driving from LHR to Windsor to visit the castle. I'm just reading up on how to get there, where to park etc. The lots around the castle are pay and display.
How does that work? Is it cash only? Do I need to be sure I have coins? Do they accept credit cards? How do you pay if don't know how long you'll be?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:30 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Pay and display is variable. At a minimum, you will get a sticker from a machine for a determined period, in return for cash (usually coins only). You have to guess how long you'll stay.

Several machines now accept credit cards.

And several have voice/text/app access (actually, most of the ones I use) - usually RingGo, sometimes Apcoa. The RingGo app does let you extend a parking period, which is very useful.

Let me see if I can find out what Windsor Castle uses.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:38 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
The car park branded the 'castle car park' seems to be coin only, with a change booth at one corner (according to the most recent streetview image). Actually, that one gets a very dodgy write-up on Parkopedia.

The Windsor Council ones do allow pay by phone or app (Parkmobile):

http://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200357/council_car_parks
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Thank for the information. I don't see my self setting up an account on an app for maybe a one time use. I guess I should make sure I have some coins to be safe.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:29 pm
formerly known as ravishah

You don't need to setup an account - just call the number and you can enter reg no and credit card details on the phone. The car park we normally use at the end of Alexandra Park near the river uses RingGo and will have spaces. It us only a 5/10 min walk to the castle from there.

If you park in the ones in the center of town they cost a lot more and are often full. Also if you manage to get lucky on the Alexandra Park road parking is free on the weekend at least but will be busy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.